Can anyone tell me how to get my Torque app to read transmission fluid temp? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can anyone tell me how to get my Torque app to read transmission fluid temp?

after 40min at 73mph
2iid1cn.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's what I'm looking for. Just can't find the correct "Method" on the menu that gives me the trans temp like yours. Choice of Method 1, 2 or 3 and right now I'm using Method three which just mimicks the coolant read out.

I have a 2010 V6 Explorer and the method 1 worked fine. If it mimics the coolant sensor then probably you selected the wrong sensor. Are sure you selected the trans temp sensor method (1,2,3) when adding it?

Yes. I found only method 3 works for me. Method 1 and 2 do not respond on the gauge and when testing, they show a message that says "No Response". I'm assuming that means the sensor it's looking at is not responding to the query from the app but just guessing here.

I'm wondering if you could take a look at the equation and PID number yours is showing in the setup menu? Maybe I need to change the equation.

Thanks!

Yes. I found only method 3 works for me. Method 1 and 2 do not respond on the gauge and when testing, they show a message that says "No Response". I'm assuming that means the sensor it's looking at is not responding the the query from the app but just guessing here.

I'm wondering if you could take a look at the equation and PID number yours is showing in the setup menu? Maybe I need to change the equation.

Thanks!

You have a different transmission maybe that´s why you need a different method. I´ll check the app for the equation.

Thanks so much! Very helpful!

Thanks so much! Very helpful!

Interesting thing, the torque app now only shows methods 1 and 2 and the equations are the same. Method 3 is gone.

Also when I add dials I now see Transmission Fluid Temp (methods 1 and 2) and Transmission Temperature (Method 1 and 2). I didn´t check if all of them work and what is the reading but you can check if you also have both (transmission fluid temp and transmission temperature) and play with them.

With my 5r55 only fluid temp 1 works the other 3 do not... But i did notice the clutch fan sensor works and idles the fan at 600-700 rpm at all engine speeds have not noticed it engage any higher

With my 5r55 only fluid temp 1 works the other 3 do not... But i did notice the clutch fan sensor works and idles the fan at 600-700 rpm at all engine speeds have not noticed it engage any higher

Confirmed, same here, only Fluid Temp Method 1 works.

About the clutch fan, should be higher when in a traffic jam and less at the highway/freeway.

they say it should be higher when using the AC but so far it does not change.... I can hear the fan is louder at start up but my phone is not connected yet

Confirmed, same here, only Fluid Temp Method 1 works.
If you get a chance, do you think you could post up the equation you see using method 1? When I look under Settings/Manage PIDS/Transmission Fluid Temp (short name TransFl) I see:
((A*256)+B)/8

Is that what you have?

I have a 4.0 5r55 so I dont know if this will help but my equation is also
((A*256)+b)/8

If you get a chance, do you think you could post up the equation you see using method 1? When I look under Settings/Manage PIDS/Transmission Fluid Temp (short name TransFl) I see:
((A*256)+B)/8

Is that what you have?

Yes, it´s the same equation.

When you enter the edit mode there´s a part that says: "ODB Header to use (Leave blank, Auto or HEX)"

Try all of them. The one that works for me is Auto.

Yes, it´s the same equation.

When you enter the edit mode there´s a part that says: "ODB Header to use (Leave blank, Auto or HEX)"

Try all of them. The one that works for me is Auto.

On that same page, at the top, is a box that reads "OBD2 Mode and PID". In that box is another number. Mine is 7f7f11. Can you post up what yours reads please? I think I may have inadvertenly changed that number when trying different things to get this to work and don't know the original number.

Thanks for all your help guys.

On that same page, at the top, is a box that reads "OBD2 Mode and PID". In that box is another number. Mine is 7f7f11. Can you post up what yours reads please? I think I may have inadvertenly changed that number when trying different things to get this to work and don't know the original number.

Thanks for all your help guys.

It reads 221674, then you have to set the ODB Header to use to "Auto".

Good luck.

It reads 221674, then you have to set the ODB Header to use to "Auto".

Good luck.

Got it. I've keyed that in and also made sure I have it set to "Auto". I'll try it tonight on the way home.

Thanks for all the help and time. Much appreciated!

After much searching the past few days, i found the solution that the OBD header field is to manually type "TCM" instead of using "Auto". Tried last night and it worked. I see that "Auto" works for others but did not for my 2007 Explorer V8

After much searching the past few days, i found the solution that the OBD header field is to manually type "TCM" instead of using "Auto". Tried last night and it worked. I see that "Auto" works for others but did not for my 2007 Explorer V8
Can you tell me specifically how you got it to work? I'm still having trouble reading trans temp that is different from oil temp. The two match up identical and I know that's not correct.
I'm using an Android phone w/the "Torque" app.
Thanks!

Is your trans temp reading the same as your coolant temp or your engine oil temp? Your previous post said coolant temp. I verified that my coolant temp is different from the trans temp.

Manage Extra PIDs
Trans fluid temp method 1
Add/edit
In the "OBD Header to Use" field, erase "Auto" and manually type "TCM"
Click "OK"
Now go into your torque dashboard and add the display
When adding the gauge, be sure to select "Trans FLUID temp" as that is the Ford specific PID. There will be a similar Trans Temp without the word FLUID and that is the generic default one provided by Torque, do NOT select that one.

Screenshot_2016-07-14-20-06-58.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back