• Register Today It's free!

Can I swap?

BajaXplorer

Reaction score
City, State
San Marcos, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 2WD
Id like to get rid of the tape deck eventually in my X and wondered if I could swap in a OEM CD player from ebay? If not what about adding a Pioneer D-DIN and using the CD changer still?

my tape deck looks like this and controls the Ford Changer in the console. Do they make a OEM CD deck that controls the changer as well?

Dead Link Removed

Thanks,
Doug

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder if the connecters are the same on the back of the deck?

I dont have JBL or anything so..

Did you check out my web page, I've got a shot the the rear of my deck you could use it to compare the connectors on the rear of your deck. I might be able to get a better pic if you need it. You could also try taking the model number off my deck and the model number off your deck and call your local dealer's parts department they should be able to tell your if plug will fit my deck.

I will buy the oem cd deck from you. My friend needs it for his X. I think yoiu were the one I was talking to about the deck before for my X. Anyways I'll get it off your hands. $100, you pay the priority shipping. How does this sound?

Thanks
Brian

That sounds fine, I don't suppose your friend would like a changer also? You can send the money through paypal, my email is ibtzn2@hotmail.com. Who/where do you want me to ship it to.

Thanks
David

sounds good to me. I will email you the money tonight. Thanks man. No, he doesn't want the changer. Thanks again.
Brian

Back