CAN IT BE TRUE? PANASONIC Panasonic MXE CQ-C9800U | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CAN IT BE TRUE? PANASONIC Panasonic MXE CQ-C9800U

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep. But I wonder if that's using the new rating system. Don't remember the name but the new Alpine HU's are using it. Anyways 60 RMS is crazy. It's Panasonic so you won't have the best SQ also.

i thought it was a typo
this taken from their web site
Panasonic uses digital amp technology with high-speed MOS-FET switching devices to achieve the difficult goal of fitting a 70W x 4 (max.) amp into a small 1DIN form factor.

I think you are talking about the CEA-2006 Power Ratings. Here is the write-up on it.

From Alpine.

Alpine Leadership
Alpine is pleased to be one of the first manufacturers to adopt the new Consumer Electronics Association certification program measuring amplifier performance. The new standard is designated as CEA-2006 - Testing and Measurement Methods for Mobile Audio Amplifiers, including built-in Amplifiers in Head Units.

How It Benefits You
CEA-2006 is the new industry standard and was designed with you, the consumer in mind. By using the CEA-2006 power amplifier rating, you will be able to easily and accurately compare the performance of amplifiers and receivers(head units). Currently, there is a lot of confusion on exactly how much power an amp actually puts out because manufacturers are using different rating systems. Beginning in 2004, all Alpine products stamped with the CEA-2006 logo carry the assurance the power rating and specs related with the amplifier are true and accurate and the product conforms to the standard.

How it Works
The primary measurement methods outlined in CEA-2006 provide power output levels, the signal-to-noise ratio and total harmonic distortion plus noise (THD+N). With the new standard, you should expect to see two primary ratings - an amplifier's primary power output in watts (RMS) and the signal-to-noise ratio in dBA. Using 14.4 volts, the primary power output in watts is measured at a level with less than 1 percent (THD+N) to indicate how much continuous power the amplifier delivers at that low distortion level. The signal-to-noise ratio is measured at a reference level of 1 watt. A larger signal-to-noise ratio number indicates more desirable audio and less noise in an amplifier's output.

Since it's not using the new CEA-2006 rating system I doubt it's 60.

huskyfan23 said:
Since it's not using the new CEA-2006 rating system I doubt it's 60.

yep because panasonic needs to lie to sell there crap..sigh

Most of the manufacturers do lie about the numbers. With this new system we'll be able to trust them, at least those that use it.

huskyfan23 said:
Most of the manufacturers do lie about the numbers. With this new system we'll be able to trust them, at least those that use it.
...most of the lower end brands will lie...the higher end brands will usually under rate there power and the middle brands will usually be spot on

i doubt they are lieing about there power rating..also wth are u talking about lower SQ with a panasonic unit??? have u EVER even seen one in pearson?

Seen and heard. Just didn't sound like something worth the price they ask for some of their stuff. There are better models from other brands you can get in the same price range.

I consider Panasonic mid-range. Alpine is high. I feel low-range gives way too high of a rating, mid-range high, but not as high, and high-range about right. If a deck puts out a certain amount of power, the manufacturers won't lowball it. They want to sell the product, and giving a lower number than it actually puts out is losing them money.

u can pic up a pan 983 for something like 180$ now...6 band eq...5v pre outs( i think 5v) 3 sets of pre outs..all the goodys u could possibly want to make ur amp powered setup run correct and the SQ is awesome on focal components with 2 17w7s

edit..thats not my setup its in a friends car..mine has a bit more bump but waaaaaay less SQ

60 watt Rms??? Grrrr...I should sell that amp I just bought for my speakers and get that instead.

I wonder if all the companies are gonna be switching over to that. I'd still choose Alpine over anything Panasonic has out though.

Hmm, The Kenwood is beginning to get old. And is basically featureless. I think I've just found a winner!

60watts rms eh, per channel.. what voltage? probaly 14.4 volts,
hehe, keep in mind that 60 watts rms for 4 channels total isnt all that much, 60watts= 4x 15watts? so it puts out 15 wopping watts per channel (per speaker)
imo want power? buy a quality amp....

so i guess you have to run 8 ga. power wire to the headunit..........

You also have to run a fused lead to the battery with 10 gauge wire. Alpine's V-Drive units only do 26rms and require the same thing, of course I'm sure their power ratings are more credible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back