Can some1 please tell me if these wheels will fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can some1 please tell me if these wheels will fit?

My SUV: 1999 Ford Explorer Sport (2WD)
4.0 OHV

I found some new wheels here are the details:

Sport Edition Wheels
Size = 15x7
Bolt Pattern = 5x4.5 or 5x114.3
Backset (backspacing?) = 5 inches

Will these fit as a replacement for my stock wheels which are:

Size = 15x7
Bolt Pattern = 5x4.5 or 5x114.3
Backset (backspacing?) = ? i think it's between 5 and 6 inches...but not sure

The Sport Edition Wheels came off a 2000 Mustang, which they fit fine, so will it fit my 1999 Ford Explorer without any spacers...since it fit the 2000 Ford Mustang? Are the offsets for a stock mustang & ford explorer the same?
All and all, I've been trying to dress up my ford explorers wheels for 3 months now and i can not find ONE FREAKIN WHEEL I LIKE THAT FITS>>>EVEN THOUGH I'VE SAVED UP THE MONEY TO BUY THE BEST WHEELS OR RIMMS THEY MAKE>>>>I'M SO FRUSTRATED TRYING TO FIND WHEELS>>>>>>>>>NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME>>>>>>>>>ONLINE SITES DON'T HELP>>>>>LOCAL DEALERS DON'T HELP>>>>>>WTF>>>>>WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND AFTERMARKET WHEELS THAT CAN SIMPLY REPLACE STOCK FORD EXPLORER WHEELS?????IT'S NOT LIKE THE FORD EXPLORER IS A RARE SUV>>>>>>>>AND I'VE SEEN TONS OF EXPLORERS DRIVING WITH AFTERMARKET WHEELS BUT THEY'RE ALL GHETTO!!!!!!!WTF WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THESE WHEELS WILL FIT, BECAUSE MY PATIENCE AND MY TIRES ARE WEARING THIN AND I WANT TO REPLACE THESE WHEELS & TIRES AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!

why do you want to put 15" mustang wheels on? are you trying to use your same tires? I believe the will fit, but I think you are going to need spacers. I had the same time trying to find rims for mine, and when I finally found some then I decided to lift my truck and am trying to sell the rims. What I did was search websites using the bolt pattern and made sure it was for RWD applications and that the rims could support the weight. If you are looking for some mustang wheels call up or go to discount tire. They have a coompany that makes replica rims which I am sure you can get in an offset to fit, or they will have spacers.

-Rich

Stock wheel Backspacing for an explorer is 4.5, so figure a half inch more inside. Thats cutting it close, you won't be able to run larger tires. I run 3.25 backspacing, I don't rub at all on the inside, just the outside :)
Usually people look for 3.75, that is a pretty good in-between spot.

So what exactly are you trying to look for in a wheel? Chrome, silver, white, alloy, what?
I just went simple but nice.
DSCN1655.jpg

Back