Can Someone tell me if this will fit.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can Someone tell me if this will fit....

oook, so I think I know what I need to do. Either find an instrument cluster whith the white gauges that has around the same mileage as mine that fits 95-01 Explorers or just buy the white gauges and put them on my cluster.

Do alot of guys buy new clusters and not care about the mileage not being correct? That would bug me not knowing the actual mileage on my vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

in your case is better to use 98-01 cluster from explorer or mountaineer, but as i told you before the only clusters that they come with white faces are from 2001 ford explorer sport or 2001 ford explorer truck.

after that year ford used the digital clusters.

its up to you if you want to change the mileage, but if i was in your place i was going to keep my cluster and install the white faces on it.

Alright thanks for the help! I'm looking at a few instrument clusters on Ebay right now so We'll see. Out of all the white gauges out there though I like the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport the best but if I want that I'll have to buy the whole instrument cluster which then I would have to find one with around the same amount of miles as my vehicle or try changing them.

Ok 2001 was the first year for the white face cluster and they had a early and late production type. what if it's from a 4.0L instead of the 5.0L? Will the 4.0L cluster still work on my Mounty 5.0L?

Will a instrument cluster from a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4.0L thats 4x2 fit in my 98' Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L thats AWD? I need to know this ASAP....

yes

every cluster has the option of 4x4 even if is 2 wheel drive or awd explorer/mountaineer

Back