Can you add Park Assist 2.0 to Limited? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can you add Park Assist 2.0 to Limited?

Justin_adv

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid
Just curious if you could add park assist 2.0 to the limited?

I'm guessing you are talking as an add-on after the vehicle was built. Looking at the website, it appears only the Platinum has it. Adding it on after the fact, if it is even possible, I think would be rather expensive as the feature uses several different features. Because of this, I would doubt that you can add it. My Aviator is the 4th vehicle with this type of feature and I've used it once just to try it and that was on my 2011 Limited. In my area, there just isn't a need for it.

Peter

I'm guessing you are talking as an add-on after the vehicle was built. Looking at the website, it appears only the Platinum has it. Adding it on after the fact, if it is even possible, I think would be rather expensive as the feature uses several different features. Because of this, I would doubt that you can add it. My Aviator is the 4th vehicle with this type of feature and I've used it once just to try it and that was on my 2011 Limited. In my area, there just isn't a need for it.

Peter

Thanks - I just got expensive rims and I'm worried about 'other people' parking it.... I was wondering if it's just programming and a switch since all other safety features/sensors appear to be the same.

Thanks - I just got expensive rims and I'm worried about 'other people' parking it.... I was wondering if it's just programming and a switch since all other safety features/sensors appear to be the same.
I don't know others would even know how to use it.
I believe it would have to interface with the steering, brakes and accelerator.

Peter

Back