Can you spin your tires? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can you spin your tires?

Can u sping your tires?

• Yes, Automatic

Votes: 154 41.6%
  • No, Automatic

Votes: 150 40.5%
  • Yes, Manual

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • No, Manual

Votes: 15 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can make good smoky burnouts whenever I want...I don't see how it is hard? :burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Limited doesn't. Not when going forward on pavement. It will in snow or really bad rain. It'll do it in reseverse though on anything (oh so fun when you backup quick with a little spin, almost stop the truck, and give the level a couple clicks into drive)

My '92 XL sticker with 3.23 open won't spin going straight on pavement. Pretty easy to do when making a 90 degree turn when there's a tiny bit of gravel on the pavement. When I try to spin on dry stuff going forward, it either stalls and/or the shift level and rest of the truck shakes really bad. Tranny mounts are going, I suppose. Again, it does it in reverse easily.

95 can't 91 can

My 95 explorer cannot spin tires up a hill on a wet road, only in certain places will it spin tires. My brother's 91 explorer can catch second gear, his 4wd motor is gone bad and he can put in 4wd low and it will chirp tires when changing to second.

00 AWD V8
-In rain i can get all of them to spin/ get the truck sideways if i get a good turn (hydroxy knows what i mean)
-If i take the front driveshaft out i can powerbrake in any condition and leave 50ft of marks (2 marks that is, LS rules!)

yeah man i left a 86 feet of tread in front of one of my best freinds house explorers leave some killer burnouts hope u figure out whats wrong man good luck

mine is an automatic with auto 4x4 grrrrrrrr... i can only squeal them on sharp turns, hittin the gas while turning, or comin off a dirt road. i want 2wd option :(

I have a pretty much stock 96 sport and i can leave 50 foot posishots up hills and leave 50 foot one leggers any where .......it depends on how the limited slip 8.8 is feeling whether its posi or not ;)

i can if i shift all the weight off the back it is stock :burnout:

i can spin tires well "tire" lol when its really humid out or really cold and the tires arent sticky and around any turn i can make it fish tail about a 45 degree angle before i let off the gas to straighten it out , one time infront of my friends house i did a 15 second burn out the whole rear end of the truck was engullfed in smoke you couldnt see it it was sick looking i have to see if i still have those pics some where

i could lay good 50ft jet black strips when contrac it turned off but that is the best i can get with these soft michlins but now with the locker i can lay 2 20ft strips

Not me, no way, no how. I can't spin them in any weather or pavement type. I have tried.

im not sure if ill be able to 340hp crate motor w/roots type supercharger and BW4403w/410 and 255 tires

that transfercase would likely blow out with 340hp

which case do you recommend??

the only other person who did this on here was 2wd i know the atlas 2 is pretty much indestructable

dam control trac....

I did a burnout last weekend, 1st one, no LS though so it was rather dumb... Either way the tire spun, then kept spinning in second, until i started letting off the brake. :D

I can easily burn out on a wet road or a newly paved road. But found out the other day if I hold the brake with my left foot and gas it with my right my tires will spin while I'm standing still. Which surprised me because I have 31-10.50-15 mud terrain tires and the only up grad I have is a K&N filter and the brown wire mod putting all the power to the rear wheels!!!!!!

So i come back around (after a long time off the forums) and this topic is still goin strong....this is nuts...this forum is out of control....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DSCN2125.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back