Can't seem to keep Explorers in one piece | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't seem to keep Explorers in one piece

Well I wrecked the X this evening. Second X, second accident in 2 1/2 years (first wasn't my fault though, well, I don't see this one being my fault per say either).

Still a little shaken up but both me and the driver of the other car are ok. I was in the box of the intersection at a yellow light waiting to turn left. I looked At the on-coming traffic, all of which was slowing down (or so I thought) so I started to go. I look at the road I'm turning on and then look back at the stopped cars but one had sped up and before I could fully stop ran into the side of this ladies Honda Civic. She was taken to the hospital but the EMT's said she was going to be fine and that it was more nerves than anything. I ended up getting a failure to yield at a yellow light ticket. I would assume she got the same.

Here are a couple pics of my X and the girls Honda. As you can see I really came out on top. Sorry they're poor quality, I used my cell phone to take the pics.

Attachments

• Image(13).jpg
    Image(13).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 583
  • Image(14).jpg
    Image(14).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 605
  • Image(11).jpg
    Image(11).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 569

Ok, I don't know what my Insurance guy is talking about. I'm curious now, I'm going to have to call him. You guys are right:

46.2-825. Left turn traffic to yield right-of-way.
The driver of a vehicle, intending to turn left within an intersection or into an alley, private road, or driveway shall yield the right-of-way to any vehicle approaching from the opposite direction if it is so close as to constitute a hazard. At intersections controlled by traffic lights with separate left-turn signals, any vehicle making a left turn when so indicated by the signal shall have the right-of-way over all other vehicles approaching the intersection.

Still sucks since the idiot admited she sped up to try and beat the red light... Oh well, Hooray for insurance!! ;)

Got the X back and everything's back to normal! Well, except for the bull bar and Hella's. But I just need to buy them and the insurance company will pay me back. But the X itself looks wonderfull!

As far as the ticket goes I just paid it. I was trying to cling to any info that might have gotten me out of it at the time but oh well. Sh*t happens! I'm not one of those guys that blames the bad things that happen to me on other people and I hope I didn't come across that way in my previous posts. I just need to be more aware of my surroundings and look out for other crazies as well as myself! :)

Back