Canvasback Cargo Mat - Really Nice | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canvasback Cargo Mat - Really Nice

k9gold

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
I wanted something better for my cargo area. I don't like the rubber ones so have always used waterproof mat and rugs. I have dogs in the back plus all the other stuff. This time I went on a search and found Canvasback. What a great idea they have. The normal mats set they sell for the Explorer are in three pieces. One piece for the second row and two pieces for the third row so you can stow without removing any of the pieces. They also make them for the captain chairs in the second row. I very rarely use the third row so I wanted a one piece mat that I could use the second row without removing the mats. Having the one piece took care of the gap between the second and third row seats which I knew some dog would put their leg into or something would fall out of groceries and fall between. If I want to use the third row seats you just have to roll the mat. These are like canvas with a waterproof backing. So you can just hose them off. They adhere with Velcro. I think they look so nice and protect the area. They special made the one piece for me and I couldn't be happier. Great company to work with.

DSCN0276_zps05ee6558.jpg

DSCN0272_zps26ddfd76.jpg

DSCN0259_zpsfb466721.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice, and by looking at there web site the price is not bad, might consider these. Thanks for posting.

I like the what they did for you, how much did it run you if we can ask?

I did a design, and had my mom quilt a cover for me... it's waterproof and machine washable.. (also have dogs).. it's also polyester so hair will shake off very easily... I thought about doing velcro, but we settled on ties in the end. I still need to get some canvas clips for clipping the sides up to the seat belts.

cover1sm.jpg

I like the what they did for you, how much did it run you if we can ask?

I did a design, and had my mom quilt a cover for me... it's waterproof and machine washable.. (also have dogs).. it's also polyester so hair will shake off very easily... I thought about doing velcro, but we settled on ties in the end. I still need to get some canvas clips for clipping the sides up to the seat belts.

I paid $169.00. They didn't charge me any extra for doing it the way I wanted even though they had never done the one piece for the Explorer. I was surprised. You can put this in a front loader washing machine if you have to and hang to dry. Everything comes off this so easy I'm amazed. They were really great to work with and had a lab puppy that was very entertaining in the background of the phone calls.

I paid $169.00. They didn't charge me any extra for doing it the way I wanted even though they had never done the one piece for the Explorer. I was surprised. You can put this in a front loader washing machine if you have to and hang to dry. Everything comes off this so easy I'm amazed. They were really great to work with and had a lab puppy that was very entertaining in the background of the phone calls.

Wow that's a great price, I might have to pick up a set of those for when we're not on our trips to just leave in. Thanks for sharing!

Back