car wash brush safe? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

car wash brush safe?

is it safe to use one of those long handled soft bristled car wash brushes on your truck to wash it? MY truck was painted about 2 months ago so I do not want to scratch it but anything to help make it easier is good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no no no.. i even pressure washed it before i used it. and i got some nasty scratches on a car i was detailing for somone. i would never use it on my truck!

There are two kinds of brushes. Plastic (blue usually) and hair(black). Stay away from the plastic brushes. The hair brushes are soft & not near as bad. Be sure to pressure wash the brush before useing it. Pressure wash the veh. as well as you can so there isnt much of any dirt for the brush to pick up and scratch your car with.
Even the soft brushes are not as good as a good wash mit and a bucket but you gotta do what you can.

I will just stick to my wash mit and ladder then lol. I have a 4 wheel drive dodge ram with a topper on the bed so it sets pretty high on a step stool I cant reach the middle of the topper or the cab roof

Get yourself a nice Austrailian Sheepskin Mitt.

I only use the brush to clean the tires with :D

Back