cash for clunkers - some 3rd gens!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cash for clunkers - some 3rd gens!!!

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4
I went to the junk yard yesterday looking for a cargo cover for a 2nd gen for a friend.
There had to be 50-60 2nd gens - only one cargo cover to be found
There was a real nice 2000 Mountaineer...carpet in the back was near perfect and will look great in my 96 :D I may think about getting the leather seats and door panels too!

There were so many explorers, they were mixed in the other manufacture sections.

Anyway Im walking up and down all the rows and find 2 3rd gens next to each other!
One was a shell, the other was complete except for wheels.
Both XLS and v6.

Behind the fence in the "staging" area was another 3rd gen, and eddie bauer V8!!! I'll be back on Monday to see if that one is out.

I hate to see all these explorers destroyed but when you're looking for a part for an explorer its Explorer Heaven!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

let me know what condition you find them in, i'm looking for a rear bumper cover with backup sensors. . . .by chance

Neither of the XLS had the sensors.
And the EB behind the fence didnt either. I looked as my dad could use the sensors. But will keep a watchful eye for others

Do you know how much they were charging for rims? I would like to get the 17" off an xlt sport but IDK if I should wait for some to pop up on craigslist or just head to the yard.

Do you know how much they were charging for rims? I would like to get the 17" off an xlt sport but IDK if I should wait for some to pop up on craigslist or just head to the yard.

The 2 in the yard had no wheels.
The one behind the fence had wheels. Not sure on the size...what ever an EB came with I guess.

This place charges $20 / aluminum wheel plus a $20 core I believe.

Thanks^ my junkyard was closed so Ill have to wait until monday to find prices.

Back