CD player won't eject. Gives message "Err" instead. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CD player won't eject. Gives message "Err" instead.

2004mountaineers

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mercury Mountaineer
CD player won't eject. Gives message "Err" instead.
Any advice?
I think it is one of those 6CD players.
2004 Mercury Mountaineer, v6, 4liter, "awd", previous owner removed front drive shaft for unknown reasons.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe there's too many cd's jammed into it. If not, does it have power going to it? Check all the installation wires, and the fuses. Is it a factory unit or aftermarket? Sounds like you'll need to remove it, open it up to get the cd's and then trash it and replace with a new one. You can try Crutchfields for a new one.

Maybe there's too many cd's jammed into it. If not, does it have power going to it? Check all the installation wires, and the fuses. Is it a factory unit or aftermarket? Sounds like you'll need to remove it, open it up to get the cd's and then trash it and replace with a new one. You can try Crutchfields for a new one.
It has power. The CD player plays GREAT. The only problem is I don't like the CD(s) that are in it.
If there were a way to brute-force the old CD's OUT and get my "mix-tape" CD in, I would be set for life, at zero-cost.
I won't care, at that point, if it won't eject, won't matter.
That versus paying $300+ for a new CD-player.
edit: I may try the first 30seconds of this video when I get the time: while getting it out via the 2nd video.

Well, I got the old CD out, after removing the cd-player.
Now so far at least, I cannot get my "new" CD INTO the player (not with power and not without power).

Well, I finally got my CD into the player. Now when I press the CD button, it says "Disk Error",
and automatically goes to radio.

Well, thought maybe the disc was supposed to be label-down instead of label-up, but that did not fix it either.
That's so weird, since the old CD was playing in there fine.............

Back