CDs are skipping in 6 Disc Stock Head Unit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CDs are skipping in 6 Disc Stock Head Unit

Hostmerit

Reaction score
City, State
Union County, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Explorer XLT
My brother has a 2002 Explorer XLT, and i have a 2005 XLT. He had an audio install done with his stock unit a while ago, and that went fine. I got my car and immediately had the amplifier put in, but the stock player (Audiophile upgraded) keeps skipping, and forwarding CDs. Itll work fine for a day or so, then itll go like this:

Song starts, 0:01, 0:02, 0:03, 0:04, 0:15, 0:32, 0:45, 2:15, skips to the next song.

This is never the same circumstances, I have tried cds that work in other head units, including 6 CD in dash. I talked to Ford, they say the headunit simply wont play CD-Rs. Ive tried different brands, recording at 2x, 4x, regular speed, everything. It's never the same songs, and no one seems to know how to fix the issue.

I'm pretty pissed becuase I was told I was getting a Mp3 player with the headunit, until I took deliver, and saw it didn't have it. I looked in the book and saw 'LATE AVAILIBILITY' - Sounds like crap, especially when Ford was airing the commericals 5 times daily about the new 'stock option's on the 05 Explorer, including Mp3 player. So I went from a Mp3 player (so I can record 200 songs on to a CD), to a player that wont play CD-Rs at all.

Any ideas before I just buy a new head unit? Thanks! :exp:

Back