• Register Today It's free!

CEL and Gas Cap off light

Mlarv5

Reaction score
City, State
Crossville TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Platinum Ruby Red
I do not remember the code that is causing the CEL but I do know it pointed at the Evap canister. Now I have the gas cap off light on. I have replaced the gas cap and I still have the CEL and Gas Cap off light. Is there an easy way to pressure the system to see where the leak is in the vacuum lines or vent or? Or swag it and put on a new gas filler tube?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still having the same problem from the gas filler neck code P0455 thread from a while back? Someone was working on the evap system recently and I cannot remember the specifics but I believe they ended up dropping the charcoal canister and solenoid and cleaning them as part of the troubleshooting. However, before you get too far you really need to have the code pulled since there are several different codes relating to the emissions system.

Still having the same problem from the gas filler neck code P0455 thread from a while back? Someone was working on the evap system recently and I cannot remember the specifics but I believe they ended up dropping the charcoal canister and solenoid and cleaning them as part of the troubleshooting. However, before you get too far you really need to have the code pulled since there are several different codes relating to the emissions system.

Yes it is still the same problem. I did have the error code read and it pointed at the Evap canister. While I was on a trip to VT last weekend the Gas Cap light came on. I replaced the cap and it did not help. I am figuring I will have to drop the tank to get to the canister but I was hoping for a way to test the vacuum side to see if there is a leak before I drop the tank.

Thanks

Got it fixed. Well not yet I went to my dealer and had them run a pin point diag on it. They did a smoke check and found a valve near the rear not working correctly. $220 bucks no more lights and the part will be in Friday and replaced.

Sounds like it was the solenoid/valve after the canister.

Sounds like it was the solenoid/valve after the canister.

I will let you know the part number and all when I get it repaired. Thanks for your help

Back