• Register Today It's free!

Cherrybomb Or Flowmaster 40?

off-road97Xplor

Reaction score
City, State
moscow,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
hey guys im in the proccess of modifying my explorer and dont no whether to get cheryybombs or flowmaster 40s. The only problem is i dont have to money to do a true duel exaust so i have to only do i single. since these are single in and out where do i buy a YPIPE? im looking for very mean good sound and maybe some horsepower gain. since i love the duel exhaust look is there any way i could make a fake duel exhaust. Feed back appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Flowmaster 40 all the way. The exhaust shop will have a Y pipe to split your exhaust. And it's not a fake dual exhaust. It's just not true duals. Fake would be hanging another tip or pipe there and have nothing coming out of it.

If it's a V6... go with the 40

If it's a V8... go with the 40

I've heard that true duals actually rob torque on the V-6s. I vote flowmaster 40s because I think they sound better.

40's for sure

40s...... its a 6, doesnt need glaspacks or true duals... actually v6s need some backpressure to function properly, and glasspacks or true dual will not give any performance due to being too freeflowing

thanks for all the feed back guys i think I'll get the Ypipe into the 40's with the duel outlet so i could get the duel look

Back