CLEANING WHEELS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CLEANING WHEELS

MAN, I GET REALLY MAD WHEN I GET BRAKE DUST ON MY WHEELS, I KNOW I CAN'T AVOID IT BUT I WISH THERE COULD BE SOME WAY TO AVOID IT. I KNOW THEY SELL PROTECTION, LIKE FOR BRAKE DUST, BUT THE PROBLEM IS HOW TO GET THE BRAKE DUST OFF THE WHEELS, I SCRUB AS HARD AS I CAN AND IT WON'T GO AWAY, AND PLUS MY WHEELS ARE SO MESSED UP BY SO MUCH OLD BRAKE DUST THAT'S BEEN SITTING THEIR. BUT SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON HOW TO REMOVE THIS OLD BRAKE DUST AND MAKING MY WHEELS LOOK LIKE NEW.

:fire: :fire: :redexp: :redexp: :fire: :fire:

I have not heard of the wheel wax before. I did pick up some wheel cleaner at Deals (one of those everthings a dollar places) last weekend made by Turtle Wax. It is a two part system. One can is a cleaner and the other can is a protectant. I have not tied it out yet but when iI do I will post the before and after. Also if it works I will buy them out as you can't beat the price!

I have used Bleach White for 20 yrs on wheels & tires. Best stuff going to get tires clean. Spray ot on to DRY tires and spray it off with car wash wand very close to the tire. Same with wheels. Yes it gets the white raised letters WHITE. Also makes blackwalls look newer.

Back