• Register Today It's free!

Clear Corner lens

97BlkXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer XLT
hey there I was surfing this site a couple of nites ago and found a couple of pictures of someone cutting the amber reflector out of the corner lens' of the 95-98 x. can someone find it for me and forward me the pictures and or direction on how to do this mod.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, but i have a 97 XLT and can not do anything with the pictures you sent me unless i looked in the wrong place. I am looking for instructions on how to take the amber reflector out of the corner lens.

That's the one i used...

It worked very well for me. I used a dremel, and a very skinny flat head screwdriver. But i did have to break off the lens on a few occasions. Took about 45 min. Then i replaced the amber bulbs with clear bulbs (I don't know if that's legal).

Awesome, Thanks man!!!

Re: That's the one i used...

Originally posted by explorer4x493
It worked very well for me. I used a dremel, and a very skinny flat head screwdriver. But i did have to break off the lens on a few occasions. Took about 45 min. Then i replaced the amber bulbs with clear bulbs (I don't know if that's legal).

Just spray the amber bulbs with a LITTLE bit of silver spray paint, that way they will appear silver in there. No clear is not legal.

Oh, and BM... Im sure you typed something :rolleyes: :p

i have to do this!!!

man this works real well!!! i love it!!

Awesome simply awesom.
No damage to the housing, now all i have to do is get some bulbs that will match my hyper-whites head lights(which are actually blue). Thanks soooo much for the help.

Back