clear tails lights for a 96 EB??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

clear tails lights for a 96 EB???

Hey fellas... I just bought a 96 Eddie Bauer, and I am wanting to get rid of the stock look... soooo I was wondering if the 98-01 Euro Altezza( Dead Link Removed ) clear/red tail light lights would fit a 96/97? and will the reverse dash kits that are for 98-01 fit the 96-97 dash? are they the same? ohk thanx all! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The tail lights will not work. The dash kit may work, it all depends.

the dash kit is different i believe. certain lights were added and moved and the pinholes dont line up. i think it would be too much trouble. just get the ones that fit ur 96 or it will cause headaches

Don't try to order those clear tails from NOPI, they no longer have them in stock because they are no longer made. Sorry.

The lights for a 98-01 Explorer/Mountaineer will work. They have the same bolt on pattern as the 95-97 Explorer. The only difference is that the 95 lights are square on one side and the 98-01 lights are rounded and stick out a bit when u close the rear hatch because the rear hatch door was redesigned in 98. I have on a pair of clear chrome euro lights from a 98 explorer on my 95 and they look great. Like I said they stick out a bit but hardly noticeable. I haven had any negative remarks from anyone that sees them and they even havent remarked that the lights stick out a bit.

Christian, do you have any pics of that? I have talked to a guy with a 96 that put 98 altezzas in and he said it looked like ****....

I also would like to see a pic if you don't mind... I am seriously thinking about buying the 98-01 lights... thanx Christian!

Well I dont know what **** he was talkin about but they look good. Dont have pics yet but I will take some this week and send u a note and u can be the judge. Mine are the Elegante tailights for a 98 Explorer but installed them on my 95 Explorer. They bolt right on, no modifications are needed.

i thought the rear fenders were different as well... arent the newer ones more rounded?

I thought that too.

Christian,

Any PICS yet on those Tail lenses?

Thnx,

BlkExplorer

I want a set of Altezzas too. I can't find the clears anywhere. Christian please post those pics so we can see how it looks. Thanks, Steve

yeah post them bad boys!!!! :):):)

i was thinking of getting them and using bondo and making a round on my hatch to make it look almost bubbled. My mom has a 00 so i put them on and looked and everything matches up except the one lip on the hatch. thats just my 2 cents

Back