Clicking noise from dash (Blend Door Actuator) & DIY Repair | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clicking noise from dash (Blend Door Actuator) & DIY Repair

Thanks guys! Does anyone know the part number for the revised blend actuator or is it the same part? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks guys! Does anyone know the part number for the revised blend actuator or is it the same part? Thanks!
When you said it persisted with the "car off" is that with the ignition turned OFF? If it is, then the actuator shouldn't be working at all. If you meant that it was in the 'Accessory' position then I think the members are right.

Using the Forum's "search" program I found this thread and merged yours with it.

Peter

When you said it persisted with the "car off" is that with the ignition turned OFF? If it is, then the actuator shouldn't be working at all. If you meant that it was in the 'Accessory' position then I think the members are right.

Using the Forum's "search" program I found this thread and merged yours with it.

Peter

Yes, with the key completely out of the ignition and with the door open. That means MFT was off. It is definitely the blend actuator door because when I hit the recirc button, the noise happens. The noise also happens every time I turn on the car. *Sigh* Looks like another issue I have to deal with. Great thing there's videos on how to replace it. Seems pretty straight forward and easy.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I ordered the wrong part from Amazon and decided to take apart the broken one to see what was going on. The problem, in my case, was a single tooth broken off of a plastic gear. The entire assembly is easily serviceable, with only clips holding it shut and locator-pins holding the pieces in place inside. I removed the gear, retrieved the tooth, cleaned it up well with soap and water then super-glued the tooth back on. The glue was slow to dry but after an hour I reinstalled and it is working just fine.

I'm getting a Google error when I click on your links

Well I had got the problem down to what I thought was the recirc door motor. And for that rare occasion the blind squirrel did find a nut. But I went to YouTube to see if there was a handy video on how to do it. The glove box door pins are a bit of a PITA to get aligned and back in but otherwise the video below is spot on!

No more clicking!!!

Oh and I took the actuator apart, the old broken one, and there was a broken gear tooth, that cause the failure. $17 part on amazon, 15 minutes to do the swap. So not too painful.

bump

Back