"Clicking" noise in dash w/fan on low | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Clicking" noise in dash w/fan on low

Ok, I have an update on my blend door replacement. The heater works great without any noise, even on high. At first, I was able to switch between cold and hot. BUT NOW, my AC doesn't work at all. it blows hot air when on cool. yes, the A/C button is on and the temperature is on the blue. any ideas? my guess is i'll have to take it out and put it back in to see if the switch works?

It is an issue since it'll be 29 one day and then 70 the next...gotta love South Louisiana weather...

I just got mine installed yesterday and it's doing the same thing, it seems like the temperature won't change at all. I'm guessing the actuator just doesn't work. Oh, well, next time I'll buy the Ford part I guess.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally getting around to changing it again...

I returned the Dorman part (Amazon's return process is amazingly awesome) and I bought the Motorcraft part. It works perfectly, so DO NOT buy the Dorman part and go ahead and spend an extra $20 to get the right part.

Here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A2D4NY/ref=oss_product

I haven't had the time to change the blend door. also, i haven't had to because it's been freaking ridiculously cold down here. anyway, i ordered the motorcraft part from your link willied. plus, i saw your rating and knew it was you. i'll haven't to wait until it comes in to change it.

I haven't had the time to change the blend door. also, i haven't had to because it's been freaking ridiculously cold down here. anyway, i ordered the motorcraft part from your link willied. plus, i saw your rating and knew it was you. i'll haven't to wait until it comes in to change it.

Glad to hear you ordered it. It felt so good to get this part fixed.

Finally replaced it...again

Well, i replaced the Dorman part with the Motorcraft part. Again, it only took 20 minutes. i finally have air conditioning again, and it's good because spring has sprung in the big easy.

Well, i replaced the Dorman part with the Motorcraft part. Again, it only took 20 minutes. i finally have air conditioning again, and it's good because spring has sprung in the big easy.

Glad to hear it! :D

08 EB here - I have the clicking noise as described here, but also noticed the air flow is only coming from the floor.

Is that the Blend Door Actuator or no? Thx!

Like you say, take it out but leave it connected and rotate the dial from hot to cold.....with a/c on and off......if it turns, then you know it's not the actuator.....might have a refrigerant leak or need a recharge.

New Problem

Ok, I have an update on my blend door replacement. The heater works great without any noise, even on high. At first, I was able to switch between cold and hot. BUT NOW, my AC doesn't work at all. it blows hot air when on cool. yes, the A/C button is on and the temperature is on the blue. any ideas? my guess is i'll have to take it out and put it back in to see if the switch works?

It is an issue since it'll be 29 one day and then 70 the next...gotta love South Louisiana weather...
Look. The fact that every one keeps bypassing is that there is a blend door (temperature) actuator, and then there is the VENT DOOR ACTUATOR. What you originally placed only has something to do with the temperature settings between the cold and the hot people keep getting the Venture actuator and the blend door actuator confused. When the air doesn't cycle through or change like it only comes out by your floor boards, or only comes out of the dash that's because it's a vet door issue meaning it cannot switch through vent which has nothing to do with the temperature whatsoever. Changing the temperature actuator. was a cakewalk. Now to fix the vent door actuator that's a problem is trying to find the right information because everyone keeps confusing it with blend door. It is not the blend door the problem is the vent door. If you look in a Chilton manual it'll actually show you the picture side by side one of the blend door actuator and one of them door actually but it did not tell you where the door actuator is. The following instructions in the manual and lead you to believe that it could be possibly behind the dash in the center. It's really vague. And has nothing even in the index that could lead you to anything more information.

08 EB here - I have the clicking noise as described here, but also noticed the air flow is only coming from the floor.

Is that the Blend Door Actuator or no? Thx!
Once again no it is not a blend door actuator it's actually a vent door actuator people keep getting them confused. The blend door only controls the temperature of vent doors what controls where it comes out.

Back