Climate control

Dbrider92

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer V6 4WD
2003 Ford Explorer,V6 4.0 Having trouble with climate control. In the back of my vehicle it's blowing hot air out of the top vents cool air is coming out of the front any suggestions on how to fix this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends. Is hot air supposed to be blowing out the front vents, or cool air blowing out the back vents at the time? Might be a blend door issue, motor or door itself broken at whichever end isn't getting the right temp output.

If it is blowing hot air and you have it set to blow cold, you may have a bad actuator in the back. There are 2 of them under the back driver side plastic quarter paneling. One controls temperature, the other controls position. Sounds like the temp actuator would be bad. There's a video on how to get to them. How to STOP THE CLICKING from rear air control (2004 Ford Explorer)

2003 Ford Explorer,V6 4.0 Having trouble with climate control. In the back of my vehicle it's blowing hot air out of the top vents cool air is coming out of the front any suggestions on how to fix this?
welcome to EF!

Depends. Is hot air supposed to be blowing out the front vents, or cool air blowing out the back vents at the time? Might be a blend door issue, motor or door itself broken at whichever end isn't getting the right temp output.
Thank you very much . I actually forgot about this post I appreciate it

Thank you so much I think you're right it's still not fixed and I forgot that I even posted this I've been so desperate

You're awesome Thank you very much for posting sorry it's late for answering I truly forgot about this post Thank all of you you guys are wonderful

Back