Clock Won't Sync after Time Change | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clock Won't Sync after Time Change

GeorgeL

Reaction score
City, State
Burnt Hills, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited
I couldn't find a thread about this so I apologize if one already exists. My clock is still an hour off after the time change unless I set it manually. I normally keep it set to sync with the GPS time. The navigation arrival times are also off by an hour. The clock in my 2006 Accord with Nav is correct. The time on all of my hiking, biking and stand alone car GPS units is correct. The time on my phone is correct. Is anyone else having this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I couldn't find a thread about this so I apologize if one already exists. My clock is still an hour off after the time change unless I set it manually. I normally keep it set to sync with the GPS time. The navigation arrival times are also off by an hour. The clock in my 2006 Accord with Nav is correct. The time on all of my hiking, biking and stand alone car GPS units is correct. The time on my phone is correct. Is anyone else having this issue?

Try going to the Menu, then clock and turn off DST.

I had the same problem, only way to make it work was to turn the daylight savings option to off. I thought having it on would automatically adjust but it only is correct having it off.

Hi, GeorgeL!

Hidef and JFUSION are correct. You have to turn DST off. Here are the steps to do this:

MENU > CLOCK > DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME > OFF

Let me know if your clock is still off after turning DST off!

Rebecca

You'd think that with all the GPS technology and such it would auto-adjust to the correct time for DST. So why do we have to "manually" adjust for DST by tuning it off and I suppose having to turn back on again in the spring?

Turning off the DST worked. Thaks for your help. I still think it shouldn't be necessary since all of my other GPS devices are working perfectly.

Back