Return from Fall SMORR trip, stories, pics, carnage!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Fall SMORR trip, stories, pics, carnage!!

crazyflights

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
I will start this since appears I might be the 1st to have made it home. Although trip should still be in full swing tonight and in the morning for those still onsite:

Carnage------definately!
Fun------Yes
Wet Feet-yes!
Smiles and laughter------abundunant
Mud-not as bad as expected
Got Wood Bumper priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

416.jpg

417.jpg

418.jpg

These are the big rocks I was playing on they moved alot from how they were when I started.
361.jpg

358.jpg

359.jpg

Bled a little Ford Blue onto the Rock!!
368.jpg

Insane! Looks like you had a great time

Kinda funny infront of Gregs truck :), since its fairly big

Well I think everyone would be glad to know I was able to drive the exploder back home without having to get a trailer. (I pretty much blew my transmission on the way out) :( I have PM'd everyone that attended the username and password to the photobucket account that I set up for us to all load our pictures into.

Here is a link for everyone to see what they missed out on. I'M A LINK, CLICK ME!!

Here are some more teasers:
DSC02793.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

The last picture was done even with my broken left front axle lol.

My carnage report consist of, front bumper bottom skirt dmg, right front fender dmg, pass side rock panel dmg, *most of this from hi lift jack!, broken rear drivers tail light, water in diffs, broken driverside chromoly shafts toasted, appears spindle bad and big chunk out of the knuckle, scraping to longarms, hole in catilatic converter, wet driverside floor board, from me getting in and out wet-fromcreek incident.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I think everyone would be glad to know I was able to drive the exploder back home without having to get a trailer. (I pretty much blew my transmission on the way out) :( I have PM'd everyone that attended the username and password to the photobucket account that I set up for us to all load our pictures into.

Here is a link for everyone to see what they missed out on. I'M A LINK, CLICK ME!!

Thats good to hear that you made it home safe & that you got your explorer back home without having to trailer it. I just hope it doesnt cost to much to get fixed now.

Back