• Register Today It's free!

clueless

ford tonya1975

Reaction score
City, State
Neenah, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello Everyone,

Im new to the site, I have no clue about cars or truck, I just bought a 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. It's a very nice truck clean inside and out but its seem to have some electrical issue not sure, I tried to give it a jump and the cable completely melted I mean down to the copper wires. I was so freaked out so Im not sure what to do. i didnt start but what was this all about, also my radio light never shows, so i can see what station Im tuning into.. Just need a little help. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

were the cables reversed? i bought a set from walmart once and the ends were revesed and i got the same result, luckily it didnt damage any of the electronics or wiring on the vehicle

Your radio display is most likely a separate, unrelated, known issue: these displays are prone to failure and just won't display, while the radio works fine. It happened to my premium head unit (with cd, cassette, 6-changer controller). So, I bought a replacement premium head unit on ebay from seller "1factory readio" for $145 - other units cost less. Thier replacement units have a slick mod performed to add an 1/8" stereo input for an Ipod, mp3 player, etc. Pete and his crew do nice work - I received a nice, clean, fully functional unit with a 90 day warrantee. Well worth the price - check it out...

Back