• Register Today It's free!

Clutch going bad

MD11007

Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
My clutch pedal on my 99 sport used to have pressure from when you first put your foot on it till it was totally depressed. Now it only has pressure at the very end. Does this mean I need a new clutch or is it just the master slave cylinder? If so does anyone know where I can get a new clutch for cheap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hows the fluid level in the clutch reservoir?

Clutch

Ill have to check it and get back with ya. Any idea where thats located at? I have the V-6 4.0

drivers side on the fender near the hood beside the fuse box in the engine compartment.

d@mn i think i just lost it...hope this helps.

Are you having problems with shifting? or is the feel of the pedal just different then what it used to be?

clutch

The pedal is just differnt shifting is fine for the most part I just have to adjust that thier is only pressure at the end its like im only using the 1/4 at the end to shift and its a dead pedal til then.

How many miles are on it? you should try bleeding it and seeing if that fixes it. it sounds like your slave cylinder might be leaking.

Just went through this same mess with my 91'. Lost clutch pedal pressure, checked the master cylinder and was loosing fluid. So I did it up. New heavy duty clutch($150) and to elliminate any any questions later, a new slave cylinder($89). 3 hours to get the tranny out & install new parts. Another 2 hours getting the d*^n spline to go back in. Have fun!

ill tell ya my two cents...just replaced a clutch and slave with 50000 miles on them after I couldnt shift and a leaky master cyylinder that was original (replaced it too)...worht the money, jus find someone to do it cheap as this is a labor intensive thing...i got a centerfoce clutch from Napa for a little over 200 bucks, not a bad price I thought. There are so many things that could be going wrong, and when i saw fluid down near the master I just decided that the "conversation" between the slave and master was bad and that they all needed to go!

Back