Clutch hydraulic diconnect tool dimensions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clutch hydraulic diconnect tool dimensions

sswan60

Reaction score
City, State
St. Paul, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
Tried to buy one of these stamped tools on Saturday but none of the local auto parts stores had one or even knew what I was talking about. This is the tool with the U shaped cutout at one end to disconnect the hydraulic line to the clutch slave cylinder. I know I can just order one on line but I don't want to wait for it. Could someone give me the dimensions of theirs? Dimensions such as the width of opening and anything else relevant.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have have the clutch line removal tool you can do it with 2 screw drivers. It's a pain and you have to be careful not to damage the plastic collar but it can be done. It would help to have a 2nd person there to pull on the line as you're compressing the ring.

The first time I pulled the hydraulic line I spent (wasted) 2 days looking for that stupid little tool, I then tried a small flat-head screwdriver and it popped right off. The next time I had to remove it I tried the special "tool" and it was a pain in the ass...the flat-head screwdriver was much easier. Just press the compression ring little by little all the way around and when it's ready to pop, it will take no pressure at all to pull.

IT will pop off with a screwdriver

Yup the tool is not needed. Using a screwdriver, I just pushed the white plastic ring into the connection. When it was all the way in the fitting just came apart.

Back