Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt 4x4 4.0L
Hi all!

Okay, I will start with the codes:

57-Octane adjust service pin in use/circuit open

AXOD Neutral pressure switch failed to open

58-VAT indicated _40/circuit open

I also got a KOEO 111/system pass

I was driving the other day and I floored the gas pedal(roadrage hehe), and this is when the problem started. It hesitated and stumbled, like it wasn't getting fuel(or bad gas). Check engine light came on briefly. It ran great until I came to a stop. When I accelerated it gave me a stumble and then ran fine, check engine light came on briefly.

Now it will start fine but will not idle, and the engine light is on all the time.

I am fairly good at wrenching my ex, but this one has me scratching my head as to where to begin.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-Markus

1st thing I'd suggest is to double check your codes. A '92 should be outputting three digit codes, not two digit. Any computer should output either 2 digit or 3 digit, not both. I would guess those are supposed to be CM 157 and 158, but I'd make sure.

The other thing to do would be to do the KOER test, to determine if the CM codes you are getting point to hard faults or intermittent faults.

Right, I checked the codes again and got 11, 57 and 58(I get these numbers by doing the self test counting flashes).

But it turned out to be something very simple, the kickback cable slid in too far so I reset it(by pressing down on a button on firewall and pulled the cable till it stopped) and voila, light is off and runs great again!

Back