• Register Today It's free!

Cold Air Intake

gamikzone

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac XLT -4WD
I have been looking at cold air intakes for my 05' ST, currently i have a flowmaster muffler and a 3 inch exhaust tip, but i want to add a CAI system for a little better performance and sound, what cold air intakes will fit the ST? i prefer K&N but looking around at different sites most of them don't seem to "fit", has anyone had experience with it?

The factory intake is a cold air intake just it uses a panel filter rather than a conical filter, and the silencer opening is a bit small. You can get a K&N or a cheaper Spectre panel filter which is pretty much identical to the K&N but cost less.

As far as aftermarket intakes I like the Volant and S&B, they are not open to hot air like the others, but you can achieve the same results with the factory intake by adding a better flowing airfilter like the K&N or Spectre, and removing the silencer and adding a bigger tube from the air box to behind the headlight area to allow in more cool air.

Ok guys thanks for the advice, I already have a spectre air filter, but I'm gonna try what you guys recommended

Back