College classes tomorrow, and all my coolent is on the gound. Help Me! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

College classes tomorrow, and all my coolent is on the gound. Help Me!

dudefromflorida

Reaction score
City, State
Fuquay Varina, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
I was on my way home from work tonight, and i noticed that my car was running a little hot, I get home and I put it in the driveway and in just a few minutes all my coolent was on the gound. I have pin pointed where it is comeing from, but i dont know why it is leaking. On the drivers side behind the water pump next to the AC compressor is where the leak is coming from. Is there a freeze plug there? Do i have a cracked block? I just replaced my water pump (due to there being a leak from that area) but after i replace it, it still leaked. It is coming from the engine block. Any ideas? Please Help. Thaks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was on my way home from work tonight, and i noticed that my car was running a little hot, I get home and I put it in the driveway and in just a few minutes all my coolent was on the gound. I have pin pointed where it is comeing from, but i dont know why it is leaking. On the drivers side behind the water pump next to the AC compressor is where the leak is coming from. Is there a freeze plug there? Do i have a cracked block? I just replaced my water pump (due to there being a leak from that area) but after i replace it, it still leaked. It is coming from the engine block. Any ideas? Please Help. Thaks in advance.

could be the low intake manifold gasket. you probably gotta get in under the truck and look hard.

that is exactly what it is... I am assuming that it will be alot to fix..?

i just got quoted for this job as im having the exact problem, 3-4 hours labour,
about 400 with taxes and parts

Since it's just the intake gasket I would fix it myself.

Rockauto.com shows it about $30.

advanceauto.com is showing between $30 and $100 depending on brand. These kits appear to include; Valve cover gskts. & Upper set incl.; PermaDryPlusr int. manifold gskts. incl.; Per vehicle quantity 1

Hope this helps.

Has anyone done a how to on this yet? I've not seen one and believe it could be helpful, I have been thinking about pulling my intake to clean out some oil deposits it has on the inside. So if I do this before the planned complete rebuild I could do a how to on it. :)

Yea i have decided to do it myself. I am going to rock auto right not and i am going to buy the gaskets... Also a friend of mine that works at a dealership informed me about alldatadiy.com he said that it gives a step by step instruction to do anything you would ever need to do on any vechical. anyone ever used this?

Back