Complimentary FordPass Remote Features from FoMoCo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Complimentary FordPass Remote Features from FoMoCo

Exit32

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Aviator Reserve
Today, Ford Motor Company announced they will provide complimentary FordPass remote features to owners of Ford vehicles equipped with FordPass Connect. This means we will not have to pay for FordPass Connect service (e.g., the ability to remotely start/stop/unlock) after the one-year of free service expires on our 2020 Ford Explorers.

More info here:

Ford Elevates Customer Experience by Making FordPass Remote Features Complimentary; Company is First to Offer Connected Service for No Charge | Ford Media Center

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a keyfob that will also do that for free.:D

Peter

I have a keyfob that will also do that for free.:D

Peter
True, but I’ve already used the FordPass to remote lock it while I was riding in a different car miles away when I couldn’t remember whether I’d locked it in my haste to join a carpool group. Got a successful lock confirmation on the FordPass display screen; great peace of mind.

With fall temperature fluctuations I use FordPass to check cold tire pressure readings before heading out to the garage. If they're low, I add some air before heading out. Same for summertime with the exception that it's a lot easier to let some air out. And yes, I use a tire gauge once I'm adding or removing air pressure. ;)

So if I bought the modem they sell the service is going to be free? Or just the trial period is free? I’d love to have this like noted for peace of mind, but I’m not interested in paying for a service I may use a handful of times a year.

So if I bought the modem they sell the service is going to be free? Or just the trial period is free? I’d love to have this like noted for peace of mind, but I’m not interested in paying for a service I may use a handful of times a year.

If you want the wifi hotspot, you have to pay for that. The FordPass service was free for 1 year. It is now free for life (until they change it). They are 2 different things and you don't need 1 for the other to work (they are independent). No modem to buy.

I have FordPass on my 2018 Mustang. I got it 5-18-18 I have never payed for it and didn't know I had to.
Lee

I have FordPass on my 2018 Mustang. I got it 5-18-18 I have never payed for it and didn't know I had to.
Lee

I believe all 2018 model-year Fords came with a complimentary five-year trial for remote features, excluding WiFi hotspot. For the 2020 models, Ford included only one-year of complimentary remote features, then recently changed it to complimentary for an indefinite period.

Your 2018 Mustang is still within the five-year trial that came with the vehicle when new; that's why you've never paid for it. The good news is that your FordPass (called Sync Connect on 2018 vehicles) remote features will continue at no cost after your Mustang becomes five years old.

Does this go all the way back to say 2014 models? Is it all equipped vehicles or only 18-current? (I have a 2014 sport and the range on my fob doesn’t seem that great)

Does this go all the way back to say 2014 models? Is it all equipped vehicles or only 18-current? (I have a 2014 sport and the range on my fob doesn’t seem that great)

Ford Pass is cell phone based, not key fob based. Two totally different systems that you do not have.

Does anybody know the price Ford is charging to add Ford Pass to older models, I have it on both my 18 EcoSport and 20 Explorer but want it also on my 17 Explorer.

Ford Pass is cell phone based, not key fob based. Two totally different systems that you do not have.
I thought I had heard that the vehicles with push button start came with this equipped, I must have heard wrong.

Way to go, Ford! And thank you for sharing!

Now if I can only get map updates without spending an arm and a leg.

Welcome to the Forum Scott.:wave:

Peter

Final high school football game ended. Near freezing temps. Started the vehicle from the stands near the 40 yard line with Fordpass. All warm and cozy by the time we made it out there. Love this Explorer!!!

Back