Connector on lower bottom driverside of radiator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Connector on lower bottom driverside of radiator

Evans956

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Base
I have a 2013 base and was looking to add fog lights to it. I followed the headlight electrical cable down and there is a part that looks like it's plugged into a piece of plastic attached to the radiator. It's located all the way down at the bottom on the driverside and you can see it through the grill. Does anyone know what that connector goes to?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2013 base and was looking to add fog lights to it. I followed the headlight electrical cable down and there is a part that looks like it's plugged into a piece of plastic attached to the radiator. It's located all the way down at the bottom on the driverside and you can see it through the grill. Does anyone know what that connector goes to?

Yellow Wire with purple stripe and a yellow wire with a green stripe?

Look like this
dy1160png%20(1).png

That's the ambient air temp sensor.

That's the one! Also I have a plug that looks like it into a ground box just wanted to know if that's what it is. It's located by the headlight and comes out of the wires.

That's the one! Also I have a plug that looks like it into a ground box just wanted to know if that's what it is. It's located by the headlight and comes out of the wires.

Can you take a picture for me? Also let me know which wire colors there are.

Can you take a picture for me? Also let me know which wire colors there are.

I tried to take a picture but the lighting is hard to get to. It is the ambient air sensor. The other one I was talking about turns out is the airbag sensor so I won't be messing with that.

Back