• Register Today It's free!

Consumer reports Tornado

Explorer46L

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer "XP8"
I have seen a lot of posts on this device. I have an online subscription to Consumer Reports so I thought that I would share what they had to say about it.
AD WATCH

A car product that's
hot air

"Put a Tornado under your hood!" exhorts the manufacturer of a $70 device that claims to improve your vehicle's power and mileage. The Tornado, a stainless-steel disc with stationary blades, fits inside the air-filter housing or air-intake hose. "Its air-flow dynamics create a swirling, fast-burn effect" and allows for more complete combustion, the ads say.

We tested the Tornado on a 1998 Volkswagen New Beetle and a 1999 Ford Ranger pickup. In our acceleration tests, the Ranger showed no improvement and the Beetle showed slightly worse performance with the Tornado. Fuel economy didn't improve in either vehicle.

Some people love them and swear by them. And yes over a few years a minimal change in gas mileage will more than make up for the price, if it works in any way. But just thought people might be curious to see what CR had to say about it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good info so if anybody asks again we can refer them to this thread of when they search this will pop up.
Kurt

Originally posted by kandtholman
Good info so if anybody asks again we can refer them to this thread of when they search this will pop up.
Kurt

That should be approximately one week from right now:D

And then one week after that. Then another after that. And so on.... :rolleyes: Rediculous isn't it?

There's one born every minute.....It's amazing the advertising people will buy into.:confused:

If it is on TV then it sucks. How many of you would go out and drain all your oil after putting in some duralube and run a few laps around the track with 0 oil pressure?

I have a friend that is taking some natural pills that are supposed to make his male unit grow. I dont know if his unit is growing but his fingers seem to be getting longer. I guess the pill found its way into the wrong part of his body. :D

hey what pill is that?!? i want my fingers to be longer so i can play my electric bass even better!!

My scam...oops.... I mean my new product:

Dogfriend Brand Beer Activated Weight Loss Formula (tm)

Lose up to 10lbs* while watching your favorite NFL team on Sunday!

:chug:

How much do you think I should sell them for? Would I get more if I claimed that they improved sexual performance also?

* Results are not typical. Actual results may vary.

Back