• Register Today It's free!

Consumer Reports

Jim F

Reaction score
City, State
Martinez, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Just received the latest copy of Consumer Reports magazine in the mail. Is it only be or have they completely eliminated the Explorer from their magazine. The new issue has all of the new cars in it and the Explorer is only found in one spot, but they talk about the 2002 version. What made me very mad was the very first sentence said "The Explorer has gotten a bad rap because of the Firestone tire recall, but the 2002 has indepenant suspension...". I was so mad, I went looking for an email address to voice (type) my opinion, but due to high blood pressure, I set the magazine down and cooled off. I am tempted to cancel my subscription to there magazine. In fact, they had some very good reviews regarding the Explorer and their magazine helped me make my decision to buy my 98. Anyway, I thought I would bring my observation to my fellow Explorer owners/lovers in order to hear your comments. Anyone have Consumer Reports editors email address? Oh one other thing, why should I have to pay for access to Consumer Reports website if I have a subscription to their magazine? OK, I'll calm down now.

This magazine has a rep for playing the highest bidder gets the best report. I would not belive anything they report in that magazine at all. They have ruined certain car makes just because they have said certain untrue things.

My 2001 ratings for toilet paper give the pages of Consumer Reports a black circle compared to the leading in-store brands of paper. Other than that, what can you say about a mag that charges top dollar to give you car sales values when it's available for free everywhere else.

Back