Cool tip for Firefox 2.0

Blacksheep Josh

Slinky+Escalator=Fun
Reaction score
City, State
Statesboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Ford Ranger, RIP 93 X
EDIT: THIS MAY WORK ON OTHER FIREFOX VERSIONS, BUT I HAVEN'T TESTED IT. I ONLY HAVE 2.0 ON MY LAPTOP. FEEL FREE TO TRY IT, IT CAN'T HURT ANYTHING. IF IT FAILS SET THE HOMEPAGE TO WHAT IT WAS.

Because I have 2 email accounts, I like having them opened as fast as possible. I use to have Google.com be my homepage because it was quick and almost never down, but I recently found out something cool about Mozilla Firefox.

You can set multiple webpages as your homepage. Each page will open up in a separate tab. You have two ways to do this.

1st way.
-Open up the webpages you want as homepages, each in a seprate tab. Go to TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> MAIN -> and select "Use Current Pages/Tabs". (if only one page is opened, it will use the singular version.

2nd way.
-Physically copy and paste each website into home page address in the Options menus. You will have to seprate each address with a "|", which is the button above the enter key, not an uppercase i.

I suggest the first way, because it will set itself. Hope this helps someone. It sure made checking email faster...

Good Luck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice tip - the 1st method worked for me. It looks like a very useful setting.
Thanks.

Nice tip - the 1st method worked for me. It looks like a very useful setting.
Thanks.

The only thing to worry about, is if you hit the home button multiple times it'll keep opening tabs. so watch out. It's nice though when it starts up. I wish there was a way to make it just when you open it, and then one page when you hit it again.

Cool, never knew that! I might just have to make my homepage bring up my email, too, since I always open that in short order when I open the browser.

I've had mine set up like that ever since they came out with tabbed browsing. On a side note, those of you using IE can do it to.

The only thing to worry about, is if you hit the home button multiple times it'll keep opening tabs. so watch out. It's nice though when it starts up. I wish there was a way to make it just when you open it, and then one page when you hit it again.

I just close the tabs for my email account when I finish with each, leaving the 1st tab as my main home page. So far, it really is convenient for me. Thanks again for the tip.

Back