• Register Today It's free!

Coolant loss....

theDogger

Reaction score
City, State
Land of the Fruits and Nuts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Exploder Eddie Bauer
Well about 2 months ago had to have the passenger side head gasket replaced on a 98 Eddie Baure Big 6 120k. and the passenger side timing chain fixed.(damn things still sounds like a desiel engine when warm) The blend door and heater core were also changed a few months earlier Then maybe a couple weeks after I was checking all the fluids and noticed that I had a sweet smell of coolant again. so checking everything I could find no leaks but the resoviour was empty. Cracked the raditor open and it was full. So I pull a couple of plugs and they looked fine. So I filled res. to the coolant line and 2-3 days later the res. is dry as a bone. Crawled under the Exp this time and could fine no leaks.

The smell of coolant is only on the out side and strongest near the front of the car when the hood is opened.......no sweet smell in the car.

I did a search and there are few post about this but no answers. Taking back to the shop tomorrow to have it checked out.

What are some of the common problem with this engine?

you can open the radiator cap and run the motor let it warm up if you get bubuling or gushing out of your radiator then you probably have a compression leak into the cooling system why didn't both head gaskets get replaced at the same time? and you have a OHC motor with that noise its probably the rear timing casset that is broke

Back