copilot 360 intelligent adaptive cruise control in Euurope | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

copilot 360 intelligent adaptive cruise control in Euurope

armyip

Reaction score
City, State
apo, ae
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer XLT
Does anyone have experience with the intelligent cruise control in Germany. Does the US version read the European signs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't say for sure, but from this article it seems that Ford had the system working in Europe before the US.

From 2015...

Ford Motor combines two driver-information and assistance technologies to come up with a system that, in effect, watches for speed cops and keeps you from breaking the limit.

Just launched on a European mode, S-Max, and possibly headed to Asia and the U.S. later, the Intelligent Speed Limiter can read speed-limit signs and slow the vehicle stay legal, by adjusting the amount of fuel the engine is getting.

Other European models warn of speed changes, but Ford claims it's first to use the warnings to control vehicle speed. The 2016 Volvo XC90 is to have a Ford-style system.

Ford sees it as a key piece of the self-driving vehicle puzzle. Already some cars can stop themselves before hitting another, and steer themselves well enough to stay within a traffic lane...

...And -- key to the system -- signs that warn of a new speed limit in Europe are common and give enough lead time for the vehicle to coast down to the lower speed. That smooths the transition and means the car needn't hit the brakes, possibly causing a rear-end crash.

Electronic sign-reading is easier in Europe, Ford says, because road signs are more precisely standardized than those in the U.S., where different shapes, sizes and colors can be used to convey the same informatio

Does anyone have experience with the intelligent cruise control in Germany. Does the US version read the European signs?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I believe the signs, like here in Canada, are in km/h. If your Explorer has the setting to change MPH to KM/H then you may be good.

Peter

I believe the signs, like here in Canada, are in km/h. If your Explorer has the setting to change MPH to KM/H then you may be good.

Peter
Thank you. I am stationed in Germany and love the Explorer. I just want to use all the features!!!!

Thank you. I am stationed in Germany and love the Explorer. I just want to use all the features!!!!
Well, at least speed limits won't be an issue.

Hi, Did you ever resolve your problem? I imported my 2020 Platinum to UK 2 years ago and looking for a fix. Any info appreciated.

Hi, Did you ever resolve your problem? I imported my 2020 Platinum to UK 2 years ago and looking for a fix. Any info appreciated.
The member you quoted may no longer be following. He was last seen here on October 15, 2021.

Peter

The member you quoted may no longer be following. He was last seen here on October 15, 2021.

Peter
Thanks Peter for your kind attention. Better than hanging around, waiting forever. I may start a new thread on this topic following more research and when I have more time. Regards, Ken

Back