corner bulbs/fog lamp options for 2001 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

corner bulbs/fog lamp options for 2001 Sport

hey guys,

i recently picked up a 2001 X sport, and i'm just starting to work on it.

i put on my clear corners yesterday, but i'm not happy with the bulbs that are in there.

i want to put some corner bulbs in that are white when they are on and off (i know, its illegal - i'm bad).

i've read some ppl talking about putting hyper/superwhite's in there. does anybody have some links where i can pick up a set of these?

also, what are some affordable (read - not piaa) foglamps that swap directly into my current openings? also, how do you pull out the stock ones?

thanks!

9005 high beams will fit in the fogs with minimal modification. you might have to shave the tab on the light. 9145 is the fogglight currently in there.
3157 is your turn signal. they sell white/vlear bulbs also
you can go to any autoparts store to pick up these lights

Originally posted by SiLenZe
9005 high beams will fit in the fogs with minimal modification. you might have to shave the tab on the light. 9145 is the fogglight currently in there.
3157 is your turn signal. they sell white/vlear bulbs also
you can go to any autoparts store to pick up these lights

slugmike

you should take H1 in your fogs. check to be sure, if they are silver/metal they're H1.
if they are black, with a angular bend, they're 9145.
it is possible you may have a 899, if so go buy something else...the 899's suck!
the 9005 is a nice upgrade, i use them in my '02.

i have some +30%, +50%, and 100watt H1's. they're osram or narva capsules. e-mail me if interested.

i agree on the 'standard clear' for marker and turns. they look nice in and on [look like city-lights] and they don't scream too loud when blinking.
they also don't appear so 'blue/ricey' when in.

enjoy the new ex!!

peter

thanks for all the tips guys!

one last question... how do i take out the current fog light bulb?

Back