Correct Spark Plug Gap for '15 PIU 3.5L EcoBoost | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Correct Spark Plug Gap for '15 PIU 3.5L EcoBoost

TTIntercept0r

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU 3.5L EcoBoost
Ive heard mixed information about spark plug gab size, and Ford apparently changed the recommend size multiple times. Many people say 0.028in is the way to go, however after looking for plugs, they state 0.032 for Ford SP580 and NGK Iridium LTR6IX. Also heard that iridium plugs cant be regapped, just wondering what you all thought of this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’d go with the last made recommendation, or just set it to .030. Or, just buy pregapped plugs. 0.002 isn’t going to make any difference anyways.

I’d go with the last made recommendation, or just set it to .030. Or, just buy pregapped plugs. 0.002 isn’t going to make any difference anyways.
Ok cool, guess Ill just take a chance with NGK, or Bosch has some at 0.030in. Thanks

Why not run the factory plugs?

Why not run the factory plugs?
They are gapped at .032 apparently, dont know for sure because I havent bought one, only going off the specs on the website. Ford changed the recommendation to .030-.028 later on and everyone on YT is saying they have major improvements with .028.

I mean the factory Motorcraft plugs.

Back