• Register Today It's free!

Cost of window tinting

mpally

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer
How much should it cost to have the two front windows tinted to match the factory-tinted back windows? Is $100 seem high? BTW, doing it myself is not an option.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that is high everyone down here will do it for around 60 and that is w/ the premo tint not basic

yeah its sounds a little high. I used to be able to get a whole car done for that price but that was awhile back.

I recently got 5 windows done for under 150.

Just had my 4dr done all the way around 3 weeks ago for $150.00 +tax

my 2 front ones cost me $50. that 20% mirror tint.

i had my 4dr done all the way around back in January, 20% tint. It was something around $180. (it looks good by the way :D.)

too bad DIY is not an option, i got mine done by myself, cost me less than $10, but 3hrs in the garage. well... no match with a professional job... but it's good enough.

just out of curiosity, why is doing it yourself not an option? anyways, yeah, 100$ is high, i had 5 windows tinted and an alarm installed for about 220.

DIY is not an option unless you are a professional tint guy yourself. Its a lot difficult than it looks. $100 for 2 windows is about right if that is all you are getting done. You should get a lot more discount if you're getting all windows tinted. My tint guy wanted $50 per window but I got all 7 windows tinted including the sunvisor for $250.

You could do it yourself if all you're after is just good enough. :)

my area is very high for my old X i paid 200 to get it tinted with 5% but that was the entire truck

they charge about 20-25 per window

$125 for 2 windows. was actually $100 but the shop that was holding my truck tacked on an extra 25%. pieces of crap, if anyone here is in GA never, i mean never go get work done at Magnum collision.

I got my front two done with the best tint on the market (mirrored finished) for $50, NO tax either:D

$100 does seem a little high i paid 60 for my front 2 windows.

i just paid $75 last week for my 2 fronts and it was from a very reputable shop who does excellent work.

100 is high, My bro got his whole car done for 100 and thats down here in s. cali where everything is overcharged.

I saw laser cut tint for the sport on ebay. Both the front and the two little windows. Or just the front two. Each kit was about $20.00. But I guess do it yours self is not an option.

100.00 sounds kinda high. Never had it done so im not sure though.

Back