Could I use 22" wheels on my Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Could I use 22" wheels on my Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those wheels will NOT work. The offset and backspacing is very different.

Also, 22" wheels look ridiculous on an Explorer, or just about anything really. The only thing that should have 22" wheels are dump trucks, big rigs, and the occasional HD pickup truck (Think SuperDuty Ford, or a Dodge 3500 4X4 Diesel, as these can be ordered with 22.5" Alcoa's). 16" or 17" are fine. Maybe 18", at the absolute most.

Those wheels will NOT work. The offset and backspacing is very different.

Also, 22" wheels look ridiculous on an Explorer, or just about anything really. The only thing that should have 22" wheels are dump trucks, big rigs, and the occasional HD pickup truck (Think SuperDuty Ford, or a Dodge 3500 4X4 Diesel, as these can be ordered with 22.5" Alcoa's). 16" or 17" are fine. Maybe 18", at the absolute most.

He did not ask your personal opinion on rim size... He asked if they would fit. All you had to say was, "No, they will not fit." The op also stated he WAS LOOKING FOR 22" rims.

To bwilly9, yes 22"s will fit. With NO problem. (Just not the ones you listed.) I have 24"s on my 2nd gen x. If you would like pics, let me know.

I have 22's on my 2006 navigator. Is it rediculous?

Nutzon20s i would like to see i am looking at some 22" myself for my 99 eddie bauer

I want to say you need a 5x4.5 bolt pattern... But then again, I'm not making any money off you, so...

Back