Couple lift questions

Treeslayer

Reaction score
City, State
Jonesboro ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sport trac
I have a couple quick Lift questions.
1. Does a body lift replace factory bushings or would they also need replaced? The factory bushings are shot and I’m planning on installing a body lift to stuff 33’s under it but wasn’t sure if I would need to also replace the bushings.

2. Is there anyway to tell if the torsion bars have been twisted up?

2003 4x4 sport trac.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bushings will have to be replaced, body lift kit will have bolts and lift pucks. There are several threads about bushing replacement and body lifts.

If your truck sits down slightly in the front more than likely it has not been twisted up. I have 33's with torsion twist, shackle on the back and some trimming on the fender liners. I don't have a body lift, did one on a 91 I had and didn't like it.

Post some details, before and after pictures of whatever you do, we love pictures on here.

Thanks! I was thinking they had to be replaced. And I think it’s still factory stance. I do have several old sets of leaf packs so I may be DIY ing some rear lift and TT the front.

C8729F23-6BFB-4BB5-A769-6C8D96C63E37.jpeg

Looks stock height to me. TT in the front and do some leaf pack work. 285/75/16's will make it look great. Might need some side steps depending on the height of your riders. You have a nice looking truck. I have a shell hanging in my garage, I might put it back on after seeing yours.

I’ve been seriously debating if the shell was staying on or not. I may leave it cause I kinda like the dry storage back there. It was originally dark blue and someone sprayed it flat black. Which I think may help with touch ups when those trees rub a little hard.

It had 2 on it and I put them in the truck before I lost those. I’m looking for a few more.

Back