• Register Today It's free!

Cowl induction hoods

Dbirl528

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa City , Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Does anyone know a company that is manufacturing cowl induction hoods for Explorers? I have never seen them offered anywhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the link. I found some useful info. Wonder if anyone has installed one on their Explorer. I would love to see some pics.

Ramchargers sells all sort of ABS plastic hood scoops......i guess if you wanted ram air or cowl induction you could pay someone to tear a hole in your hood and paste one of those things on top of it(?)

sorry, but this is a bit off subject...damnsavage, your sig says "modified MAF" what did you do to modify it, and what sort of differences are you experiencing? thanks.

There has been some discussion on the hoods before, and to my recollection, no one could find any. The only person I know that has one is Troll, but his was a custom job. http://www.speedfreak.cc/troll/

modified MAF

I just took the screen out from in front of the mass air. it pfrobably smoothes out the airflow a bunch, and i figure i have an air cleaner already that takes care of particles smaller than that little grate, and the less restriction the better. Its insignifigant pretty much but, hey, why not? i suppose that noticible benefits will occur for ram air or forced induction

thanks, damnsavage, i couldn't quite figure out what you were talking about, so i thought i would ask. thanks for the prompt response!

Back