Cragar Soft 8's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cragar Soft 8's

I'm looking to buy 4 Cragar soft 8's but I have a few questions...

What is the correct back spacing to fit the explorer?

Will the 15" Soft 8's clear my rotors/calipers? I have the 2001 Sport with the big 4 wheel disc brakes and 16" wheels currently.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's with 4" backspacing, 33x12.50x15 DuraTrac's. I have a 3" body lift, warrior products shackle lift and had a 1.75" torsion twist but the torsion bars have sagged back down so I need to install my longer torsion bar bolts to level the front back up.

We have the same frontend on our trucks so you can see what they'd look like.

I live on the northside of Pittsburgh and will be going to a car show tomorrow in Dallas Pike, W.V. next to Cabela's, we should meet up some time, it'd be nice to go wheelin'/ trailin' with another member.

Here's a couple pictures of mine...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Without the center caps...

picture.php

Yeah it'd be cool to meet up and wheel/trail. I'm getting it ready to do that this summer.

I'm currently fixing the explorer up. Installing new rocker panels, Cobra 29 LTD Classic/102" whip, F150 rear springs (because I have the gangsta lean in the rear), stiffer front torsion bars and crank them up to level out with the F150 springs, custom roof rack to hold 4 100 watt hella's and a matching spare, Cragar Soft 8's, 32/33x12.50, Body lift.

I've got a whole list of mods. I plan to SAS it one day, as money allows...

We need a PA meet and greet!

Sounds like you have a plan in mind for the ex. Yeah, 15x8s should clear your brakes just fine.

I see you are from McDonald. My dad's buddy lives there, his yard butts up to a lot of land, we used to ride woods buggies and quads/bikes there every 4th of July weekend. Loads of fun. Sold the buggy 4 years ago though. I heard they were going to develop part of the land unfortunately....

I'm also looking at these rims in a 16x8. Are they Hub centric or do I need to get the rings? Also about how much do the rims cost?

You don't need rings to mount these wheels. Just lug nuts.

Are these rims hub centric or not. And what do they cost.

Not hub centric and you can get them from Summit Racing or JEGS cheap.

Back