• Register Today It's free!

Crutchfield Wire Harness?

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
I just bought a pair of infinity reference 5x7 and I didn't get them from crutchfield. Crutchfield gives you a wire harness so that you don't have to splice the factory wires to positive and negative terminals. Anyone know where to get the wire harnesses besides crutchfield? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

normally crutchfield offers the harness for free, but the price that they would sell them for Is actually pretty cheap, but your local stero shop should carry it.

[Edited by explorerdogg on 02-14-2001 at 01:01 AM]

Unfortunately, Crutchfield didn't have them even when I ordered from them. The harness they sent me was square, but the harnesses in my '99 were oval. CF never heard of or saw them before. I ended up unsoldering the connectors from my Ford speakers and made my own harness (will never use the Ford speakers again anyway).

Thanks for your help, 3 local stereo shops here in Bellevue and Issaquah, WA didn't carry them. I ran out of gas on the Mercer Island floating bridge just before Seattle. Oh well, I talked to crutchfield and they will give them to me for $6.00 a pair. Is this worth it, soundquality wise, or should I just splice and crimp? Which one will give better sound quality? Thanks

In case people are still interested

I found them at Circuit City for $4.99/pair. Work great with my new Infinity's.

Back