• Register Today It's free!

cup holders

schmidlkofer

Reaction score
City, State
thornton, colorado.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
ok well my cup holders seem to be in a stupid place...on the front part of the console....it seems like when i shift i hit the bottle or cup and it either slows me down from shifting or puts a hole in it( styrofoam cup) what has other people done...i tryed unscrewing it thinking it was aftermarket but there is a big hole there.....thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any one else have this problem?

All 91-94 cup holders are interchangeable. Find a set of the 2 styles on eBay & replace.

what do you mean? there are 2 styles but how would it change my problem...

what do you mean? there are 2 styles but how would it change my problem...

In my 94 sport 2wd 5spd it had 2 cup holders on the front of the center consol but in my 91 xlt 4dr it has only one cupholder on the consol.

Like he said there is 2 styles.:D

ok do you hit your cup when you shift?

i have the one cup holder an it seems to still hit in my trk
heat and bend ur stock shifter or by aftermarket short shift some one loan me 200 bucks so i can get mine ??? ::)))

i juess i could heat it up or machine something i just think its a pisspoor design

I agree, I picked up a large soda at Carls Jr yesterday, and because of the size of the cup I pretty much lost the use of second, fourth and reverse :) thankfully I had my wife eith me so she became my cupholder! I'll have to look in to the two cup design as I can see a single becoming a sore spot on vacations.

Pat

Edit: I think this is the beast: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ford...7QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33695QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. Looks like the rear cup holder might clear the shifter.

the double is what i have and i hate it its stupid. it does the same still a probblem with a medium drink from quiznos haha luckly mom was fortunate enoght to hold them lol.

Oh? well damn, looks like we're SOL in our first gens. I guess I'd take poor cupholder design over the wondeful A4LD tranny given the option.

Pat

true true true.....oh well.

Yes, that a very annoying problem I ran into also. A 12 oz can will fit, but anything bigger or taller will hit. I got rid of this little problem when I bought a Hurst shifter.

Didn't know both designs had the problem. I never ran into a problem in my old 5 speed sport. I only put cans in the lower holder & 20 oz bottles in the upper part. Or I had a squeeze bottle that closed & sat on the seat.

Back