Custom Tuned the XSport yesterday | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Tuned the XSport yesterday

I will be switching as soon as it is available.

Favor, can you or whoever is validating the tune(s) please, please pretty please investigate the fuel pressure drop/stutter issue us cold weather tuned folks are experiencing? My current tuners are blaming it on winter fuel which is bull pucky!

I am currently limited by this phenomenon.

One more thing, if I currently already have an SF3 unit (from when I had my F150), can I update the software on it to include the Explorer strategy at no cost?

I have been testing this tune for about a month now. My wife drives this vehicle daily as well. I have not heard of this issue before or had any drive-ability issues this winter. Keep in mind I am in Florida, we have had a mild winter as well. I did drive this vehicle up to Nashville where we had a week of 20's and 30's and I had no strange stutter or anything. Winter fuel is truly a viable concern during the winter especially in colder climates due to the extra ethanol and crap they put in the fuel. Some of our dealers have been talking about this recently on many platforms such as the mustang and ecoboost F150, but I didnt hear anything specific about a "shutter". Down here in Florida they dont seem to mess with the fuel as much.

Yes if you an SF3, once the update is available you can update the device using SCT device updater. Did you unmarry aka "return to stock" the SF3 from the F150 before you sold it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been testing this tune for about a month now. My wife drives this vehicle daily as well. I have not heard of this issue before or had any drive-ability issues this winter. Keep in mind I am in Florida, we have had a mild winter as well. I did drive this vehicle up to Nashville where we had a week of 20's and 30's and I had no strange stutter or anything. Winter fuel is truly a viable concern during the winter especially in colder climates due to the extra ethanol and crap they put in the fuel. Some of our dealers have been talking about this recently on many platforms such as the mustang and ecoboost F150, but I didnt hear anything specific about a "shutter". Down here in Florida they dont seem to mess with the fuel as much.

Yes if you an SF3, once the update is available you can update the device using SCT device updater. Did you unmarry aka "return to stock" the SF3 from the F150 before you sold it?

The issue is that it is not retarding the timing due to knock, which is what I expect from poor fuel quality, the fuel pressure itself is dropping and causing the ecu to limit the throttle. Maybe it is just something that hasn't presented to you yet, but I know both Livernois and Lund tunes do it. Datalogs will help once someone starts doing work without hiding all the specifics for their own greed.

Also, yes I returned to stock and unmarried the tuner, probably my favorite thing about the SCT tuner now is that I am not stuck with a worthless $600 paperweight if I trade my vehicle or it is stolen or crashed.

Thanks for all you and the SCT team are doing!

any updates on this?

Glad to see it's out...

Boostking,

Any power numbers?

I recieved my tuner today. I am awaiting sct to crack my strategy code before I can install the custom tunes. Any idea how long this process generally takes?

I recieved my tuner today. I am awaiting sct to crack my strategy code before I can install the custom tunes. Any idea how long this process generally takes?

I think you may have the custom tune thingy mistaken for canned tunes. The custom tune support appears to already be out and available to SCT dealers/tuners. The canned tunes (IE the ones you can install from the tuner out of the box) are unavailable yet.

I bought my sct x4 from ecoboost performance and was told it comes with three custom tunes from unleashed tuning. If they are canned tunes I will not be happy.

I bought my sct x4 from ecoboost performance and was told it comes with three custom tunes from unleashed tuning. If they are canned tunes I will not be happy.

IIRC Boostking and Mike said the custom tuning strategies were supported already. Maybe Torrie hasn't gotten around to doing any tuning yet.

I just confirmed with Torrie at unleashed tuning that they will indeed be custom tunes.

The Explorer Sport is supported by SCT for CUSTOM tuning only right now. The preloaded tuning will be released soon in an update.

If you have a "vehicle unsupported" then send me the strategy via PM and I'll look into it for you.

They will be custom tunes, no canned tunes yet. :)
Canned tunes will be made for our downpipes though! :D
I wouldn't pull your leg guys!

The Explorer Sport is supported by SCT for CUSTOM tuning only right now. The preloaded tuning will be released soon in an update.

If you have a "vehicle unsupported" then send me the strategy via PM and I'll look into it for you.

Pm sent. Thank you

Got my tune in. Loving the extra power.

suggestions?

i wanna tune my stock XSport so im asking you guys for help in picking the tuner i need.
im in detroit so im close to livernois but are they the ones i really want to go with???
any suggestions and info will be greatly apreciated. Richard

i wanna tune my stock XSport so im asking you guys for help in picking the tuner i need.
im in detroit so im close to livernois but are they the ones i really want to go with???
any suggestions and info will be greatly apreciated. Richard

My choice is the LWTS or X4 from SCT. :thumbsup:

My choice is the LWTS or X4 from SCT. :thumbsup:

who sells those and what should i be paying for this tuner?
SCT?
this is all new to me.
do i need thermostat upgrade or any other things to go with this tuner?

There are many many dealers that sell the SCT devices. I work for SCT so I cannot make a direct suggestion as to where to buy. They range from ~$400-650 depending on which device you buy. They come preloaded with tunes and can support up to 10 custom tunes. They also data log, read and clear dtc's and a bunch of other functions as well. You can easily return to stock and should you want to, you can use it on another vehicle after removing it from the original.

You will not need a thermostat upgrade. If you live in a very hot climate you may elect to do that modification as well however I live in Florida and my temps stay perfect all day on the preloaded tune.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back