• Register Today It's free!

Traded in the XSport

BlackJac

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
I had 5 months and 400 miles left on my 2015 Explorer Sport lease, so I traded it in for a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport. I was planning to buy out my XSport, but I had too many issues with it and was worried about things coming back to bite me, since the bumper to bumper was almost up (axle seal at PTU twice/ both front wheel bearings/ paint bubbling on the hood, etc).

The new FFS has the 2.7L twin turbo Ecoboost/ Magnetic Grey/ sunroof/ 401A option package with SYNC 3 and Nav/19" wheels/ leather with Miko suede seats (heated & cooled front)/ LED head, tail, turn, & fog lights. Got about $4500 off sticker. I usually post pictures using Photobucket, but they changed their policy and posting pictures doesn't work now, so not sure how to add photos, or I'd post a few.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO, I don't beleive you've escaped any of the issues that plagued your Xsport.
Still direct injected (carbon build up issue) and has the same ticking time bomb PTU.
Nice vehicle to say the least.

Hey BlackJac. :wave: NSXNEXT from AcuraZine.

I had 5 months and 400 miles left on my 2015 Explorer Sport lease, so I traded it in for a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport.
Congrats on the new vehicle. If you plan to hang around the Forum it may be an idea to update your profile regarding your vehicle.:)

Peter

Hey BlackJac. :wave: NSXNEXT from AcuraZine.
Hey man! Explorer too huh? lol

If I end up with many issues on this one, I'll return it in 36 months and move on to a different brand.

Vehicle updated.

Yeah Explorer is the wife's. Traded in an 06 Toyota Sienna with 225,000 miles.
Still have my 99TL (205,000 miles and 18 yrs old this week) + the Genesis RSpec sedan. The TL is my airport car (travel just about every week for work). The Genesis is the garage queen. 11,000 miles and almost 4 1/2 years old. :)

I drive my cars till they're dead. :)

for a lower priced reliable car I would have gone for a Corolla. Don't need all those turbo whizbang AWD doodad doohickeys

Back