Daemon's Project: Ford 9" rear end. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Daemon's Project: Ford 9" rear end.

I started my 9" project last week wednesday. This was an easy project but I took my time on it. It should be done this week and tested soon.

Parts:
-narrowed 1979 Ford 9" by 3 inches on both sides.
-5.13 gears and a detroit locker.
-Dutchman alloy axles
-TSM disk brake conversion using front chevy calipers (no parking brakes)

The 8.8 taken out and 9" placed under the explorer
2199Project_9_0091.jpg

closer view, axle's pinion angle at 20 degrees.
2199Project_9_005.jpg

tire mounted
2199Project_9_011.jpg

this is how it sits right now.
2199Project_9_012.jpg

I need some shock tabs installed and the drive shaft flanged end replaced with a 1330 yoke. More pics and updates in a couple days. :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We will have to go wheeling when you get back! Im ready!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you dont mind me asking what did the 1330 flange and yoke cost? did you install it your self? do you think it will conect strait to the stock drive shaft? thanks

V8BoatBuilder said:
Looks awesome! Very clean. Are there any links to control axle wrap?

Not yet at this time.

JTX said:
We will have to go wheeling when you get back! Im ready!

I'll be back at Albuquerque around the third week of July. I'll PM you and Brian1.

brnbomr said:
if you dont mind me asking what did the 1330 flange and yoke cost? did you install it your self? do you think it will conect strait to the stock drive shaft? thanks

The 9" third came with the 1330 yoke. I had to take my driveshaft at a shop to get lengthened and have a 1330($30 from the shop) yoke welded at the end replacing the 1310. <---*edited*

is the top yoke (the one that connects to the TC) still the 1310? is there vibration? how much did all that cost making it longer and the new yoke. and one more thing, i hooked the brakes up fine but the p brake how are you going to do yours? thanks

Awesome job. Looks great.

brnbomr said:
is the top yoke (the one that connects to the TC) still the 1310? is there vibration? how much did all that cost making it longer and the new yoke. and one more thing, i hooked the brakes up fine but the p brake how are you going to do yours? thanks

It is still 1310 and there are no vibrations. I went with a chevy front caliper, so no parking brakes.

Thanks bmxking5.

Back