DALLAS/FT.WORTH AND SURROUNDING AREAS AUGUST 2 & 3RD GILMER RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DALLAS/FT.WORTH AND SURROUNDING AREAS AUGUST 2 & 3RD GILMER RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...i know..i am married to one. (good thing). well, let me know cause i am for sure leaving sat morning. i might hitch a ride with msupertek if he is ok with it.... but if not, i will bring my 2wd.....no point if i am not rocking in it. we will see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As far as Jeeps of North Texas going, well my buddy posted on there website to try in get some of them to go about 2 weeks ago, MUDDUCK is part of that group, I will be attending gilmer again in August with that group for another run after this one.

9352mudduck.jpg

He is pretty knowledgeable about gilmer, he has been there about 3 times with JNT. Another friend of mine with 6 inches of lift 35 MT tires on a Cherokee will also be following me down. SO WE HAVE PLENTY OF GOOD TRUCKS ATTENDING TO GET THE LITTLE GUYS OUT OF TROUBLE.

By the way I am installing a mechanical locker up front next weekend so I have a TRACTION LOCK (BY DANA) for a Reverse Rotation dana 35 diff for sale, $140 for whoever wants it.

I am also removing my rear contraption and remoding it to make it unlockable by means of a drill bit some steel pins, etc. (something of hear of some fellas doing instead of bying a mechanical locker for rear).

So for Gilmer I am ready locked up all the way around, not to mention I got a trailer just in case I roll down a few hills, to take it home, LOL.

Good Luck fellas I look forward to seeing you out there!:D

Originally posted by Msupertek

By the way I am installing a mechanical locker up front next weekend so I have a TRACTION LOCK (BY DANA) for a Reverse Rotation dana 35 diff for sale, $140 for whoever wants it.

DIBBS!

ok guys its been awhile since ive posted on this one ... i am going for sure .. i am not sure yet which truck ill be taking i hope to have that sorted out soon and i am not sure yet either of what day(s) i will be attending in all likelyhood ill leave early saturday morning hopefully teaming with all the others ....

Chris

Calling Ford Techs!

Calling Msupertek or SVO...

I know this ain't the thread for it, but since I know Msupertek and SVO are subscribed to it, I'd thought I'd post my Ford Tech question here.

I was trying to change my fuel filter on my Explorer tonight and I messed up the retaining ring thingy. Do you know the Ford part # so that I can call the local dealerships to make sure they have it in stock before I get someone to give me a ride there?

If not part #, then what's the proper name. Me saying, I need that "fuel thingy" may not work.

Thanks,
John

You must be talking about the thin piece of metal in side the flared end that you use a tol to retract so as to remove the line.

If so, I don't think the dealer has them, but I might be able to use some creativity and take one out of another vehicle and eith send it to you, or when I bring the springs to Michael dro it off too.

P.S. you can always get me over on Demon too.

P.S.S. Still looking for your seats.

BTW, it is the one from the tank to the filter, or the one from the filter to the engine?

Originally posted by SVO
You must be talking about the thin piece of metal in side the flared end that you use a tol to retract so as to remove the line.
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. I need it today. I'm leaving tomorrow for Tucson. I was able to wrestle one end out, but the other one got chewed up when I was trying to get the filter off of it. Whatever happened to simple hose clamps???

Check your PM's

Well, I got the new fuel filter on without having to buy anything new. Ford won't/can't/are idiots sell the little retaining clip. You have to buy the whole fuel line. What a scam!!!

So only 2/3 of the retaining clip is still there, but hey it's holding and not leaking.

Can anyone explain to me this wonderful new technology that is/isn't/is/isn't better than a rubber hose and hose clamps?
Obviously the little metal tool I bought to release the line must not be exactly the right size. I should have bought the cheap plastic release kit!

Thanks for letting me rant off-topic!

NO OFFENSE.

But if you got the correct special tool, you usually don't mess it up, LOL.

I have put on hundreds of fuel filters, hell maybe thousands and have never messed one up. On the other hand I have had customers come in with them messed up. Usually you can save the old one as long as you are gentle with it and just fold it back in.

The other thing is hit the junkyard, remove a fuel filter and take the clip out with a angled pick. If you really want one, I'll get you one out of the next line assembly I replace (some trucks have an upgraded line assembly I install per a TSB, I'll snag those clips out for you before returning it to parts).

ITS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUGUST THE 2ND AND 3RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D oh TO many SMILIES!

:mad: :mad: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek:

Someone is excited.

In my prep phase I did the following:

1. Sprayed my frame and axles with a fresh coat of flat black. Looks loads better from the orange color it was before.

2. Cleaned all the crap out of the back from Moab 2002. Yes its been that long.

Next I will change oil and check all my fluids.

I cant wait........

guess i better put my shirt on and get back to putting the BL on. dang... wish aussie locker would get their 8.8 out already. then mayne i can play a litle..but with open rear... nochance inthe world. at least i look cool sitting tall. loll

well guys i am out.... tranny took a big DUMP today.... hey msupertek check your pm's

I have never dealt with Pioneer kits, however Trans Star Transmission Parts in Grand Prairie off Green Oaks by 360 has great kits. I have used them numerous times and had good luck. There is a fella there named Charles White (tell him you want to set a account for your dealer for cash tickets - so you walk in with cash instead of a PO#). He is pretty kewl and knowledgeable. I recommend this company because I have had good luck with them and ALL THERE PARTS ARE IN STOCK. You will definitely need to purchase a Overdrive Servo Piston, a Intermediate Servo Piston, a Overhaul Kit with Steels, and I recommend while your at it go ahead and replace the Intermediate Band, and Overdrive Band. Inspect your sun shell and sun gear thoroughly (I have seen lots of wear there in the past), also inspect the sung gear retainer in the forward clutch assembly. Other than that most other stuff is reusable. By the way get a new trans filter, be sure to totally drain the Torque Converter, and add 2 qts of fluid before reinstalling after overhaul (to the converter). Also flush out the tranny lines and cooler with brake clean and compressed air. I would recommend disassembling the valve body and working all the valves while spraying them with brake clean, be sure while removing the three torx bolts note that you should take i apart slowly so not to allow the check balls to fly out (and the two pucks and springs). I usually mark an X where every ball goes on the actual aluminum valve body with a small pick (it won't hurt it) and a O for the pucks and springs. Well that is about all the advice I have for you, I will send you some literature soon.

dang.................i would rather buy a new truck. lol. sounds like a lot of work.

dont happen o have there number do u?

btw, anyone knows anyhone who has a trac loc laying around that i can have? if i can dig out one, maybe i can regear and get the trac loc installed for gilmer. with 3BL and a trac loc 2wd, can i go play or whould i still stay on the sceninc route?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alec did some pretty mean runs in his 2WD, but he gave a lot of credit to his supercharger. *shrug* I never made it to the runs he went on, so I can't say what you'll be able to do, Swak. My concern would be the lack of low range. Even with 4x4, iroc got into trouble without low range, and cooked his tranny.

My Xterra buddy came over to my cube this morning and said, "Do you think it's going to be too hot at barnwell?" Good grief, I asked HIM that over a month ago before we set the date. :rolleyes: Anyway, we've had triple digit temps in DFW for several days in a row now, and I can tell you it's nasty hot :fire: . I SURE hope we get a cold front or two, in the next two weeks. Otherwise, I'm going to be sleeping in the Ex, and starting the engine ever couple of hours to get some AC relief. :D

Back