• Register Today It's free!

dana 44??

boble86

Reaction score
City, State
midlothian,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Ok guys went to the junk yard today to look for a front axle. dont know what any of these are. i couldnt find a 78-79 f150 but these are some front axles i found. let me know if yall know what kind they are.

Attachments

• 85 wagoneer.jpg
    85 wagoneer.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 284
  • axle under bed.jpg
    axle under bed.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 287
  • jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 249

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the top one i a jeep wagoneer, the 3rd one is an all wheels drive jeep with a v8.

more

Attachments

• lone axle.jpg
    lone axle.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 249
  • power wagon.jpg
    power wagon.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 259

That one ^ has the diff on the wrong side. You need a driverside diff.

The first pic is a dana 44. Looks like it is in a jeep wagoneer. It is a fairly popular axle to swap into ranger explorers. I have one that will be going in my ranger someday.

k on the wagoneer one. can i put coils and not leafs??

Sure you can. put what ever you want on it. However when using the waggy axle and going coil spring you have to build alot more of a custom setup then say getting an EB axle and using the radius arms and other parts that can make that swap so easy. Shonuff82 did a coil sping setup on his truck using this axle. I am still mixed on weather i am going to go coils or leafs when i do my swap.

k thanks. now is this axle full width or what??

Some are 61.5" wide and some are 63ish inches wide. Depends on what model the waggy they came out of. Mine is 61.5" wide which is a bit wider then a ranger or explorer. With wheel spacers on the rear it will bring the back close to the same width as the front.

k 2 days ago the guy told me 50 bucks for the axle and i was like hell yea. well i took it off put it in my truck was comin to pay him and the damn deush bag was like i cant sell u that for 50. 325 u can have it and i was like wow what a dick and threw it out of the truck and left.

boble86 said:
k 2 days ago the guy told me 50 bucks for the axle and i was like hell yea. well i took it off put it in my truck was comin to pay him and the damn deush bag was like i cant sell u that for 50. 325 u can have it and i was like wow what a dick and threw it out of the truck and left.
that guy is a dick!!! :fire:
hope you verbaly thrashed him

Back